Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-11-2020, 12:29 AM)FourSword Wrote: [ -> ]Btw mbc07, I turned this option on in the 5.0-10888 build I had. It seems to be on by default?

Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate is not on by default. Keep on that a square in the per-game config checkboxes doesn't mean "on" but "inherit the global value", and in the case of this setting, its global value is "off".
(03-11-2020, 12:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate is not on by default. Keep on that a square in the per-game config checkboxes doesn't mean "on" but "inherit the global value", and in the case of this setting, its global value is "off".

I see, I did turn it on during my testing however and the difference between loading times (mainline dolphin <> FM ishiiruka build) is still there.
I'll try and record both to show the difference.
I set up junctions linking Dolphin's save folders to my Dropbox so they get backed up automatically.  For some reason, those junctions weren't set up correctly on my laptop, which caused Dolphin to close immediately without displaying the main window or any error message.

Is it possible to catch these errors during startup and display an error message instead of not displaying anything?  

Also, can Dolphin add a setting to change what folder is used for saves normally found in \User\GC and \User\Wii\title so I can manage that within the emulator instead of messing with junctions?
Is there an option to automatically align the Free Look Camera so that it's leveled horizontally? If not, I would like to request that feature. Having to make minute adjustments to take a screenshot, only for it to come out slightly off-angle, is a bit annoying.
(02-06-2020, 10:28 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a list of options and how to handle them.  If you want them added to the GUI, that's a much harder task.
I've always wanted the ability to have a GUI with clickable customization options for every game in Dolphin, basically how RPCS3 does it. However due to the amount of work that would require, could a middle-ground solution be exposing more of the available options for the drop-down code editor instead of the few it has now? Things like internal resolution, widescreen, etc - basically the most common options people change for performance/compatibility? Would help when you can't recall the exact format of the option.

[attachment=18758]

As it stands now, what I basically do is just have a list of all the options I normally change between titles in a text file with them commented out with a preceding hashtag and paste that into each titles .ini and then enable them on an individual basis if need be. I think having some sort of built-in reference to the format of the entries like mentioned above would be helpful to newbies though if a full GUI is out of scope.

TheSunCat

I'm a game modder (specifically Wii) and I like to use Dolphin to quickly test modified files and such.
My current setup consists of extracting my game dump, copying my mod files into the dump, and running the extracted filesystem from Dolphin (launching the main.dol file). However, extracting a clean copy of the game and copying my mod folder in every time is quite time consuming.
It'd be extremely helpful if Dolphin had an option to select a folder (on a per-game basis) that contains mod files. It'd work like so:

1) Game requests to read file
2) Dolphin checks a vector containing file names inside the mod folder (populated on game boot) to see if the file is contained in it
a. If so, load the file from the mod folder.
b. If not, load the original file from disc (ISO or extracted filesystem)

I've tried implementing this myself over at my GitHub, but have run into issues when the mod file is of a different size.

I hope this can be implemented as it would save me and other modders a peck of a lot of time!
Thanks!
(04-09-2020, 08:15 AM)Habanero Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option to automatically align the Free Look Camera so that it's leveled horizontally? If not, I would like to request that feature. Having to make minute adjustments to take a screenshot, only for it to come out slightly off-angle, is a bit annoying.

This is probably not exactly what you want but I'm looking to expand the free look camera with additional control types: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/8767 . One of which is a first-person style view that allows no rolling.

JWD39

It would be great if Dolphin for Mac (OS X 10.14) could make full use of the Dualshock 4 DS4 controller's features such as vibration and its gyro.

David745

Support for mouse mapping in Android. Wii stands out for rail shooter. I like to use air mouse in samsung dex for rail shooter and not having to buy dolphin bar and wii motes. Thanks
I would like it to be possible to merge the PR - "Android: Fix saving Horizonal Wii Remote overlay A / B / 1/2 positions # 8943" - because I currently have a problem playing with horizontal wii remote on games like S4E1, which currently does not save the editing of virtual controls.