Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I would argue that there's only a single way of matching the GC controller layout almost exactly in a Xbox 360/One or DualShock 3/4 controller without taking any personal preference in consideration and I would be OK with shipping that profile. Buuuuut including a controller profile (even if it wasn't loaded by default) would just set the precedence for annoying request of users asking for their preferred layouts like May said, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler:
(03-10-2018, 10:38 AM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]add a preconfigured controller profile for some games like mario or zelda etc. so that users who will play the game for the first time on dolphin will get the idea of a preferred control scheme for the said game..

for example in mario games i use R1 for run, X for jump, square for lifting objects so that users who are playing the game the first time will not rely on the default controls.

We generally leave this stuff up to the community. You don't see it all that often now, but we used to get a fair amount of threads with people sharing their own profiles for 360 or PS3 controllers for specific games.

Nothing is stopping someone from compiling their own presets and making a thread here. That would actually be more useful because it could cover a lot more games than just "Mario" and "Zelda" and there could actually be discussions about how to tweak things.
(03-10-2018, 11:22 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]The only possible "preconfiguration" that makes sense is when you're using a real GC controller + adapter. And that already happens with adapter passthrough.

One other thing to consider is the "Sideways Wii Remote" option. We could set that be default on titles that want the sideways setup.
(03-16-2018, 04:03 AM)Kolano Wrote: [ -> ]One other thing to consider is the "Sideways Wii Remote" option. We could set that be default on titles that want the sideways setup.

Not when there are 7686578434 different controllers and user preferences.
(03-16-2018, 04:23 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Not when there are 7686578434 different controllers and user preferences.

The "Sideways Wii Remote" option is a singular checkbox seemingly handled the same way for any controller (i.e. twisting the D-Pad input direction). It has nothing to do with how a user has configured those. The only complexity would be the handful of titles that frequently swap control schemes requiring that option to be toggled back and forth; which we could just omit forcing a setting for.

I won't fight for it further, but it seems like a possible nicety.
make dolphin playable online and the speed of the emulator will rely on your internet speed rather than your cpu and gpu.. just like battleon, y8.com etc.

in the next 20 years you will look back at this post and realize that it is possible Smile
(03-16-2018, 11:34 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]make dolphin playable online and the speed of the emulator will rely on your internet speed rather than your cpu and gpu.. just like battleon, y8.com etc.

in the next 20 years you will look back at this post and realize that it is possible Smile

What did I just read?
(03-17-2018, 12:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What did I just read?

You just read the start of the end of the age of emulation and gaming in general.

But seriously, don't add this. Please don't.
I want to add a feature where Dolphin does an intelligence test and if you fail it, it bans you from the forums.

(This isn't aimed at anyone currently on the forums, just remembered it reading through some old threads. I miss a particularly legendary user from yesteryears.)
(03-17-2018, 12:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What did I just read?

I think the suggestion was for streaming Dolphin. E.g. have a server running Dolphin that just accepts inputs and sends back audio and video. I mean, it's doable; there are game streaming services like that today for some consoles/PC games IIRC. But that's something that can and should be handled by a third-party.

(03-17-2018, 12:50 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I miss a particularly legendary user from yesteryears.)

neobrain?