Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That has already been discussed before, you simply can't add HDR info out of nowhere on source content that is purely SDR, like all GameCube/Wii games. Even if that "Special K" thing can make your TV switch to HDR mode, games you run through Dolphin still won't have any HDR info and, at best this program will apply some generic tone mapping on top of the SDR output of the games and that's all. That's not HDR, I dare to say whatever improvements you're claiming are pure placebo effect and the same results very likely could be obtained by messing with the color and gamma settings of your TV while in SDR mode.

Edit: this post summarizes why HDR isn't a thing on Dolphin very well. Although a little old, that whole thread still has relevant info.
(07-21-2020, 06:49 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]That has already been discussed before, you simply can't add HDR info out of nowhere on source content that is purely SDR, like all GameCube/Wii games. Even if that "Special K" thing can make your TV switch to HDR mode, games you run through Dolphin still won't have any HDR info and, at best this program will apply some generic tone mapping on top of the SDR output of the games and that's all. That's not HDR, I dare to say whatever improvements you're claiming are pure placebo effect and the same results very likely could be obtained by messing with the color and gamma settings of your TV while in SDR mode.

Edit: this post summarizes why HDR isn't a thing on Dolphin very well. Although a little old, that whole thread still has relevant info.

I'm not going to argue. Like I said test it out and see for yourself.
A "Selective Dump Textures" option that lets you use your mouse to click on textures you want to dump. Useful for some textures which don't seem to dump for some reason. I've encountered a few of these. Also, the ability to dump and load vector graphics.
The Xenoblade chronicles wiki page
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Chronicles
Has a gecko code for enabling 60 fps. However, the code has "comments" and spaces in it which makes it not work in the gecko code manager for dolphin. You have to manually remove all the comments before the code can work. That being said, I think the comments are nice and the documentation is useful. IS it possible to make dolphin recognize characters after a "//" as a comment?
The option to import multiple GCI files to a Gamecube Memory Card.
I was wondering if there could be an option for importing multiple GCI files to the Memory Card 1019, since there is an option for importing GCI files but that option only takes one GCI at a time.
(07-24-2020, 02:54 AM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]A "Selective Dump Textures" option that lets you use your mouse to click on textures you want to dump.  Useful for some textures which don't seem to dump for some reason.  I've encountered a few of these.  Also, the ability to dump and load vector graphics.

That sounds like a great idea! Would be awesome.
Can we, please, get trigonometric functions (both normal and inverse ones) for input expressions? I'd like to use them in order to play some GC racing games using WiiMote's accelerometer.
Conversion from wbfs to iso and back again. Currently, the only 2 options for doing this are Wimm's iso tools, which are command line, and an unreliable sketchy program called wfbs to iso (there is an iso to wfbs one as well). It just seems odd that dolphin dosen't have this, as it would seem (if I am wrong and it is super hard, sorry) to be relatively simple.
WBFS discards some of the game data in order to make it smaller. If you convert from ISO and back again, you won't end up with an identical ISO. Even though it's not supposed to be data the game actually uses that's discarded, it still means that Dolphin can't verify the dump is intact anymore.
True, but then what about the remove junk data? I assume that has the same, or similar affect.