Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-18-2015, 05:39 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]It hasn't been mentioned in a while, but I'm still hoping for an option to speed up memory card writes to go with the option to speed up the disc transfer rate in game INIs.

Doesn't GCI folders do this?
Not to my knowledge. Dolphin used to write to memory cards instantly, but that broke some games that expect saving to take a while. Dolphin now emulates the speed of memory card writes as they would be on real hardware, but it would be a nice enhancement to bring back instant saving as an option for the games that don't care about memory card speeds. The only thing GCI folders allow you to do is "assemble" the contents of your virtual memory card by copying and pasting GCI files into a folder so that Dolphin can build the virtual memory card on the fly, AFAIK (which can be faster than dealing with the memory card manager if you have a lot of games and save files).
AFAIK, Speed Up Disc Transfer only exists in Dolphin because some games still need it, when these issues get fixed this option will probably be removed too in favour of clean code and accurate emulation. That's also why I think it's unlikely the devs implement a "Speed up MemCard writes"...
(09-29-2015, 06:47 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK, Speed Up Disc Transfer only exists in Dolphin because some games still need it, when these issues get fixed this option will probably be removed too in favour of clean code and accurate emulation.

Good guess, but a bit wrong. Getting rid of Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate as it exists right now is a goal, but instead of just removing it, I want to replace it with better options that will allow users to set the exact speed they want and that will optionally let speeds vary depending on what the hardware can handle. The purpose is to have a setting that actually acts an an enhancement instead of a hack that's supposed to be used for compatibility issues. This requires some other work to be done first, though.
Well, I hope memory cards will get the same treatment whenever SUDTR gets its facelift. Smile
This might have been suggested already before, but how about a "clear save state slot" option?  For if you want to clear a save slot of its existing state. 
You can't just overwrite it?
(10-04-2015, 07:35 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't just overwrite it?

Good point.  I had not thought of that.  In essence, overwriting has more or less the same effect as clearing would.  Thank you! 

tenshi_a

I hope it's ok to post a request like this even though I just signed up, and sorry if I'm repeating stuff which was already covered elsewhere on this forum.

Feature request:

Anaglyph 3D support is awesome. I mean, really really "I can hardly believe this even works! I want to try it on everything!" wonderful.

But it's near impossible to buy anaglyph 3D glasses and know precisely what colours they'll be. There are loads of sellers of these glasses, lots of glasses available, and they do not really specify what you're going to get. So what you end up with are 3D glasses of lots of slightly different shades of red, and of cyan. Or red and green. Or red and blue. Whatever.

I think the ones I got off Amazon are actually originally meant for Nvidia 3D vision, not that I have an Nvidia card in my machine, and I've looked at some images online that are intended to demonstrate Nvidia 3D vision, and I think the red is slightly off. Or maybe it's my monitor that's slightly either too warm or too cool, but either way...

The 3D effect in Dolphin is amazing, but I have pretty bad ghosting when I use it.

I could buy some different glasses, but I do not know that if I buy new ones, I will have guaranteed success.

So my feature request is - is there any way you could add presets for different shades of anaglyph glasses, or perhaps add colour sliders to the anaglyph 3D option? Just so that I can tweak the colour settings to match these 3D glasses in Dolphin, without having to mess up the colour for every other application I run on my computer.
If I'm not wrong, there's an option to the user provide its own anaglyph shaders, in order to tweak the colors. It's not very user-friendly but it gets the work done, you can try messing with them...