Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand, but when you are playing, you're not going to pause each time to check the windows folder to see if a slot is in use. It would be more ideal if when you pick a slot, the message that pops up in the emulator would say "Selected Slot 5 (Occupied)" or something along those lines.

Of course, if you disable the messages, then you wouldn't have a way of knowing though.
Ability to override the 'Virtual CPU Overclock' setting per-title, not just globally (not possible with the latest dev builds)
I've seen that the Glide64 plugin for Nintendo 64 emulators has the option to reload custom textures in real time:
[Image: qPcFO2.png]

I'd like to see that in Dolphin. I'm currently working on a texture pack and having to restart is annoying  Undecided (maybe savestates can work, but I didn't try).
(02-13-2015, 11:10 AM)ReyVGM Wrote: [ -> ]Another request:

To be able to use both a controller and keyboard inputs at the same time.

My controller doesn't have enough buttons, so I set some to the keyboard, but they don't work unless I select the keyboard as the input, but then the controller does not work Tongue

We already have that, set your controller bindings and then right-click the buttons you want to assign to the keyboard, a small window will open where you can select another input device for that button...
Or you can disable and enable custom textures. We just need a time to recheck the folder.
Hi, I had an idea for a feature.

Since Dolphin is capable of upscaling graphics and also capable of using custom texture packs.
How about if Dolphin was capable of dumping the upscaled graphics directly into a texture pack?

That way next time you played Dolphin you would be able to save some CPU, since they were already pre-rendered and wouldn't need to be upscaled on the fly.

Anyway I'm not so technically minded, so please don't flame me if it is not technically feasible or a bad idea.
(02-21-2015, 07:52 PM)emu_enthusiast Wrote: [ -> ]How about if Dolphin was capable of dumping the upscaled graphics directly into a texture pack?
Uh, those upscaled efb copys are highly dynamics and usually change per frame. So it's hard to guess which one to use. It's often just faster to regenerate them instead to load a png. But rendering only requires a faster GPU, most people here are CPU bottlenecked. So GPU optimizations won't help to run faster, it will just allow higher resolutions.
Ok.

But would it benefit those with lower end video cards if they were pre-rendered?
Got a feature request for the team, not sure how feasible it is but I'd really like it if you could set a "secondary key binding" to the various controls when using a mouse and keyboard.

As an example, I'm currently playing through Metroid Prime 3 and I have the nunchuk set to "shake in X/Y/Z axix" with "F". It would be cool if I could keep using "F" to do what it currently does, while setting a secondary binding for, say, the Z axis to "3" so that I can use the springball jump right away but keep "F" for when I need to yank something off with the Grapple Lasso.

I suck at explaining things, hopefully I came across clear enough to be understood Tongue
Right click the button you want to change and set the keys you want with OR.