Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was a joke. I know exactly what TVs do to achive this. I thought I made that obvious when I said horrible input lag.
I have a nice idea for "Add ActionReplay Code" window.

You can paste the code including its name into a single field and then submit, Dolphin will detect whether the first line is a name of the code or not (simply by reading if the first line is NOT made of 16 hexadecimal characters or X, Y, Z letters). It will accept and add the code, but it will ask you for the code name if the first line appear to be only the first line of codes.

At the moment we have to copy/paste a code and its name into two separate text fields.
I had an idea for custom music which you probably hear a lot of it but i hope you read this anyway. My idea that you could use file replacement like you do with the custom textures and even if it is not in the same format you can find one format that can the emulator can read as any of the sound formats and replace them as they are being used. I hope you can add this in.
One thing I would like is the ability to select a path/directory for saving screenshots. I say this because I cannot find such an option.

Also, a bit off topic, but where are screenshots saved? Try as I might I cannot for the life of me locate the folder/directory where Dolphin screenshots are saved. Huh
Did you check your documents folder?

TheAgentMan

Would it be possible to add support for the Wiimote in Gamecube games?
I would love to use the analog stick on the Wiimote instead of digital keyboard keys.
do you mean like a physical wiimote with a dolphinbar? you should be able to just map a virtual gamecube controller using the wiimote

TheAgentMan

(07-06-2015, 09:31 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]do you mean like a physical wiimote with a dolphinbar? you should be able to just map a virtual gamecube controller using the wiimote

I use a physical Wiimote to play Wii games in Dolphin. No dolphinbar, it connects through built in bluetooth. However there doesn't seem to be an option to allow wiimote input in the Gamecube controller's configuration. What would be ideal is for the Nunchuck's analog stick to correspond directly to an emulated Gamecube controller's analog stick, so as to allow analog movement in games.
That's because Dolphin doesn't actually parse the wiimote data, it just passes it directly to the wii games. It doesn't understand what the controls are really doing so it can't use them to emulate other controllers (also why real wiimotes don't work with recordings/TAS).
ok, I understand now.