Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whether it's legal depends upon the country you live in. Under US law, it is legal to make copies of media you legally own for backup purposes or to share with family members, such as copying a CD for your spouse, children, or parents. The DMCA muddied the fair use waters a bit by saying that you can't break encryption in the process of copying media you own, even if you're only trying to exercise your fair use rights.

It isn't the responsibility of Dolphin's developers to determine whether it's legal for you to use Dolphin in your country. That's your responsibility.
@Yoyoman - We already had this discussion back in Delfino Plaza about dumping legality. I'll just say it's not above Nintendo to interpret the law to suit their corporate stance, and they actively do it on their Legal webpage in places. Nintendo doesn't make the law, however. Courts and lawmakers decide what we can and can't do. Again, it's already been discussed, so let's not bring it back up here.

As far as being "safe" goes, we don't promote or condone piracy, and to my knowledge we don't host any copyrighted Nintendo software. That's what we're supposed to do, and we do it. I don't think Nintendo could reasonably raise any complaints against us (except for the fact that they might not like Dolphin). As was mentioned before, Dolphin is open-source software. Even if Nintendo wanted, they really couldn't just push a button and nuke the project forever.

But... this is all incredibly off-topic now. Feature requests guys. Feature requests.
Is there any specific reason as to why OpenGL has those custom shaders(like scanlines, toxic, etc) vs. Direct3D? I'd really love to use Direct3D with a CRT shader that curves the screen like a traditional CRT with scanlines. SweetFX sort of works but on top of crashing Dolphin every time, it's REALLY demanding to even look half decent. OpenGL definitely seems to add input lag for some reason over Direct3D (perhaps a bug?). Using native gamecube controller support I definitely notice added input delay over Direct 3D which is why I'm asking support for D3D in the first place.

Thanks for reading Smile
It could probably be done, but most of Dolphin's developers prefer adding things to the OpenGL backend. Some of them have more experience with OpenGL, and if a feature works in OpenGL, it works with every OS Dolphin supports (except sometimes Android).
(04-02-2015, 10:48 PM)Deep Wrote: [ -> ]OpenGL definitely seems to add input lag for some reason over Direct3D (perhaps a bug?).

Is OpenGL Triple Buffering enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Panel ?
You should TURN OFF that feature (it improves performance, but introduces horrible input lag). It is disabled by default for a reason.
Will be nice to have xinput support on dolphin interface.

Something like dpad support for game list and A button to select a game. And a way to exit a game (a+b+x+y+L+R or back+L+R) will be safe proof (360 controller)
I think that will be coming eventually when Dolphin's QT interface finally replaces the current WX interface
Good to know Big Grin

As more pc become media centers, the less the keyboard and mouse are needed, the better.
You could launch Dolphin through Steam directly to the games.
Thanks, thats a good option Big Grin