Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There should be an option for the integrated GBA to use .srm for save files, so it works with RetroArch saves without needing to manually load and save.

Just realized this wouldn't matter anyways since Dolphin GBA saves are numbered based on port number.
Now that Dolphin-emu is mature, stable and rocking virtually all games realeased for Gamecube and Wii; can we try to get the scope increased now to the next major version of dolphin-emu...

Which is... WiiU games emulation?

Would really love to have an "all-in-one" of Gamecube, Wii, and WiiU in the one spot applicaiton - Dolphin!
(05-09-2022, 05:53 AM)GeneralGred Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to request that a command be added to the GameINI editor that would allow us to open the specified game in Windowed Mode. I've spent a good deal of effort making an emulation rig that is completely mouse/keyboard free and I'm %97 on my way to achieving it. The biggest obstacle remaining is the ability to program specific games to open in Windowed Mode. I continue to check the GameINI wiki for any such command but haven't found it.

To give the full picture; when my rig turns on it automatically runs my front end, which is BigBox, and from here I can use the controller to select the emulator and then the game I wish to play. Now where this lack of command becomes an issue is when I turn on games that require GBA integration like Zelda: Four Swords, because you need to see the separate GBA windows you need to have it open in windowed mode. So for these games I have to get the mouse/keyboard, get out of BigBox, and open Dolphin manually to switch the video settings to windowed, and after I have to go back and reverse it. Now obviously I don't want to leave it in windowed since the other %98 of games don't need this so the solution here is to add a command line to the GameINI editor to allow the specific game to open in windowed mode when played.

Another solution to this issue would be to integrate the GBA windows into the main window so you can see them in Fullscreen, however I assume this would be a much more difficult if not impossible solution.

This already exists.

Code:
[Display]
Fullscreen = False
(05-11-2022, 11:41 PM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: [ -> ]This already exists.

Code:
[Display]
Fullscreen = False

Thank you so much!
Material textures allowed please Smile

Octopus_Hugger

As we know, throwing tessellation on a game globally will certainly mess up some geometry somewhere, or almost everywhere, so my request is the option to pause the game and enter a sort of editor mode and set tessellation settings on a per surface basis. Then you could share these settings with other players the same way you could share texture packs or even include them together. Potentially improving a lot of game geometry without damaging anything else.
(05-26-2022, 12:50 AM)Octopus_Hugger Wrote: [ -> ]As we know, throwing tessellation on a game globally will certainly mess up some geometry somewhere, or almost everywhere, so my request is the option to pause the game and enter a sort of editor mode and set tessellation settings on a per surface basis. Then you could share these settings with other players the same way you could share texture packs or even include them together. Potentially improving a lot of game geometry without damaging anything else.

Tesselation isn't supported in mainline Dolphin. However, if we ever support it, I agree it would be best to support it as a texture pack like capability.
The ability to dump music as well as textures (and videos, although I think you can dump them already)
I'll be a once again advocate for the materials feature Smile

Check out a little demonstration where I'm turning ON/OFF materials in Ishiiruka, it is a lot of extra work, but definitely worth it, I think...

(06-13-2022, 11:28 PM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be a once again advocate for the materials feature Smile

Check out a little demonstration where I'm turning ON/OFF materials in Ishiiruka, it is a lot of extra work, but definitely worth it, I think...

Nice work!

I'm *hoping* to work toward this but it's a slow process to do things right. It likely won't be in the form Ishiiruka supports either. Though anyone will be open to write a converter.