Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-27-2020, 04:08 PM)v1993 Wrote: [ -> ]Can we, please, get trigonometric functions (both normal and inverse ones) for input expressions? I'd like to use them in order to play some GC racing games using WiiMote's accelerometer.
Apparently, this got implemented at some point. Thanks!
(11-22-2020, 08:47 AM)vlbastos Wrote: [ -> ]Head tracking/face tracking/eye tracking 3D "stereoscopy" (in fact just off-axis projection) for Android Dolphin would be awesome. No need to render each eye, no resolution loss, no color loss, just a rendering trick that delivers nice 3D to a single user. Even Parallax 3D using the cellphone's sensors would be nice. Demos:
https://youtu.be/xjH8Q4xsKpo
https://youtu.be/h9kPI7_vhAU

Yes, this was suggested years ago by Johnny Lee and was even originally suggested it would come in as an easter egg to Boom Blox.  Later, the Factor5 devs working on a Star Wars Rogue Squadron compilation title had plans to bring a similar head tracking piece of tech to that game and "We Fly".  Unfortunately, none of those surfaced.

While my intention was not the 3d effect you mention, I was hoping to support flight sim type titles with head tracking (which is pretty common in PC games) using Dolphin's "Free Look".  This is done in this PR and I attempted to use OpenTrack as a way to integrate (I haven't tested with the webcam method since I don't have such a device).  There's some things blocking that to being merged (mainly a refactor of "Free Look").

It's not clear to me whether the 3d effect is just a by-product of the head tracking or if something else needs to happen to "enable it".  If the above PRs get merged, it's something I'd be interested in looking into (if it doesn't work out of the box). Someone else would need to work on the Android logic, I'm not particularly interested in that. However, my guess is with the above PR, you could simply map to the phone's gyro.

EDIT: took a quick look and found some technical explanations. Once the above PRs get merged, I will definitely look into this.

Tyronez

(03-15-2009, 09:52 AM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Post your dolphin ideas and requests here.

I haven't been using VM's a lot so idk if this is a feature or not, can you make a way to make keybinds easier or show me how. 
For example can i make the wii emulator's controller shake on the x axis with e keybind
(11-23-2020, 07:01 AM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ][attachment=19243]
Yes, this was suggested years ago by Johnny Lee and was even originally suggested it would come in as an easter egg to Boom Blox.  Later, the Factor5 devs working on a Star Wars Rogue Squadron compilation title had plans to bring a similar head tracking piece of tech to that game and "We Fly".  Unfortunately, none of those surfaced.

While my intention was not the 3d effect you mention, I was hoping to support flight sim type titles with head tracking (which is pretty common in PC games) using Dolphin's "Free Look".  This is done in this PR and I attempted to use OpenTrack as a way to integrate (I haven't tested with the webcam method since I don't have such a device).  There's some things blocking that to being merged (mainly a refactor of "Free Look").

It's not clear to me whether the 3d effect is just a by-product of the head tracking or if something else needs to happen to "enable it".  If the above PRs get merged, it's something I'd be interested in looking into (if it doesn't work out of the box).  Someone else would need to work on the Android logic, I'm not particularly interested in that.  However, my guess is with the above PR, you could simply map to the phone's gyro.

EDIT: took a quick look and found some technical explanations.  Once the above PRs get merged, I will definitely look into this.

Awesome!!! I tried to find an old video of a demo someone made of a cartoony cat walking, that was rendered in a warped point of view, giving impression it was inside the phone's screen in 3d, but couldn't find it anymore. It basically shows the 3d effect only works in a preset point of view: if your head isn't in the right place, you just see a totally skewed image. It's like those 3d drawings, but in motion.
(11-27-2020, 10:44 AM)vlbastos Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome!!! I tried to find an old video of a demo someone made of a cartoony cat walking, that was rendered in a warped point of view, giving impression it was inside the phone's screen in 3d, but couldn't find it anymore. It basically shows the 3d effect only works in a preset point of view: if your head isn't in the right place, you just see a totally skewed image. It's like those 3d drawings, but in motion.

Yeah it's a really neat effect, hard to explain to someone unless they see it. Thank you for suggesting it! I've always wondered what the "magic" was to make Johnny's image jump out of the screen and with your suggestion, now I know. I'm very excited to see this in Dolphin. Hopefully it looks cool!

Red Dots

The Feature i like to have is Gpu for glitches games and memory rate up like Cpu

Dunknown

Feature request: Fast forward
Overview: Fast forward would be similar to the "Disable Emulation Speed Limit" feature, but with an upper speed limit to prevent things from going too fast
Description:
In some cases it's useful to temporarily increase the emulation speed to breeze past certain repetitive or slow segments (loading screens, unskippable cutscenes, sailing in Wind Waker, etc.). Currently, it's already possible to achieve this by using the "Disable Emulation Speed Limit" hotkey (by default, bound to the tab key). Generally, this works quite well. With Dolphin these days being so highly optimized and PC hardware constantly advancing, Dolphin can in many cases run games far in excess of their original speed. However, as impressive as that is, it can also have the side effect of making things too fast. Suddenly, using "Disable Emulation Speed Limit" can make the game overly difficult to control or cause the player to miss important moments. That's why I propose adding a "fast forward" feature which works similarly to "Disable Emulation Speed Limit", but with an upper speed limit to prevent things from getting out of hand.

As for how the GUI for this feature would work: luckily, many other emulators already implement it, so there are plenty of references to choose from. For example, here is the fast forward GUI from mGBA which presents the feature as a speed multiplier value + "unbounded" toggle:

[Image: j68j55.png]
"apply" button in Cheat Manager
<b>Feature request:</b> Disable compositor when fullscreen on Linux operating system. Will remove stutter caused by compositor, adding "_NET_WM_BYPASS_COMPOSITOR" should be able to achieve this.
some features request specificly for the andriod bulid of dolphin: (if possble to add)

in settings menu:

- Skip IPL
- Bounding box
- VertexRounding
- System Back button
- Cheats GUI/AR Codes
- skip idle