Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-05-2023, 05:56 PM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the kind words!

It's pretty much done but there's an outside refactor that will mean I'll have to rework it a bit  Also, when I say done, I mean it's ready for review and to put into Dolphin.  However, while it's usable, there is a lot of work left to do to complete things.  The API may change in the future.  I consider this phase one of a multi-phase plan.  It's a lot of work, I don' t know how far I'll take it.  But I'm glad to hear positive words from the community!  I hope you can make something cool with it Smile

It all sounds fantastic, for me its on the same level of importance as the Cheat possibility, so we can really improve the game.
I just hope I can still use all of the materials textures that I already made in last 4 years, that's normal, bump, spec and lum.
(02-05-2023, 08:14 PM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]It all sounds fantastic, for me its on the same level of importance as the Cheat possibility, so we can really improve the game.
I just hope I can still use all of the materials textures that I already made in last 4 years, that's normal, bump, spec and lum.

Well, someone would have to write a shader for it that would mimic Ishiiruka's solution. The functionality just allows users to provide a shader to change the shading of one or more objects. It's up to the author for what it does. As opposed to Ishiiruka which hardlocked you into one concept.

We don't have an idea of a shader library yet, so each project would have to include the shaders it wants to use. The only workflow I have written for personally is a physically based rendering (PBR) one which is: metal, roughness, normal (+ emissive and displacement) and a Breath-of-the-Wild cell shading inspired shader that takes similar inputs.
(02-06-2023, 04:06 AM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]Well, someone would have to write a shader for it that would mimic Ishiiruka's solution.  The functionality just allows users to provide a shader to change the shading of one or more objects.  It's up to the author for what it does.  As opposed to Ishiiruka which hardlocked you into one concept.

We don't have an idea of a shader library yet, so each project would have to include the shaders it wants to use.  The only workflow I have written for personally is a physically based rendering (PBR) one which is:  metal, roughness, normal  (+ emissive and displacement)  and a Breath-of-the-Wild cell shading inspired shader that takes similar inputs.

Watching the video, it all sounds too good to be true, to be honest hah. What a beautiful job!
Recently, I was able to activate the option to transfer miis to 3ds in mii channel in Dolphin (latest version). In a real Wii console, you would be able to transfer the miis to your 3ds.
However, In dolphin you can transfer miis TO YOUR REAL WIIMOTE, but the 3ds option, doesn't work or connect with the real 3ds. I hope you can figure this out. Thx.
Derek Barser.
I had an idea to allow texture packs to be zipped and dolphin just decompresses the files it needs and stores them in memory rather than having to unzip the texture pack. Unzipped texture packs take up wayyyy more space becuse of the block size (I think thats what it is) so it would save a ton of wasted space for the large packs.
(03-04-2023, 01:44 PM)Soggy_Pancake Wrote: [ -> ]I had an idea to allow texture packs to be zipped and dolphin just decompresses the files it needs and stores them in memory rather than having to unzip the texture pack. Unzipped texture packs take up wayyyy more space becuse of the block size (I think thats what it is) so it would save a ton of wasted space for the large packs.

Yeah, the team has discussed this idea and I've started looking into a general framework to support this (in addition to a number of other changes I need).

RashFaustinho

Hi there!
Does someone know if there there is a filter / a post processing shader that can somehow solve this problem?
https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10473

It makes some games almost unplayable due to jittering
This one will be a long shot to ask, but Karaoke Revolution Party on Gamecube is one of the only Gamecube games that utilizes two microphones for duets and versus. Since you can't save the game while using both microphones, the game encourages to play the songs, and then swap back out to a memory card to save progress. Is it possible to add an option on the microphone settings to allow individual audio input devices? Using the game currently will use the single PC mic as both players.
Right are there any plans to include the ability to cut off some info on the sides and crop your game to fill a 16:10 display.

I've been using dolphin on my steam deck and I tend to just play everything in 4:3 mode because using widescreen + stretch causes lots of glitches and increases your FOV, meaning widescreen is zoomed out a bit even if you use the built in widescreen mod.

In 4:3 you still get the full height of the screen without zooming out.

It would be nice to play the games in widescreen utilizing the full height of a 16:10 display and just crop a sliver off the sides, which often have a fishbowl effect anyway.

Apparently this used to be a feature of dolphin that they got rid of many years ago for some reason.

Apologies to mods who probably have to take down a whole thread I tried to start asking this question.
No, zoom in is not planned by anyone at this time.

If you really want a 4:3 game to fill your Deck's screen entirely, the best way to handle that from my experience is to use a widescreen code and then enable the widescreen hack + stretch to window option. Using a widescreen code to get the game to 16:9 first gives you a much better experience than zooming in would since they expand the view to fill the space rather than zooming in and cutting off content, and since code like that are game specific they shouldn't add any glitches (depending on the code of course, they might). Then you can widescreen hack the rest of the way to 16:10, and you shouldn't get much in the way of glitches from that small of a bump.