Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-22-2023, 04:03 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Then how is it possible that we're able to remap even when using bluetooth passthrough with a real Wii remote? Doesn't it basically follow the same logic here as passing through to the emulated Wii at a low level?

Dolphin can't do that when you're using Bluetooth passthrough. It can however do it with Wii Remotes as long as you don't enable Bluetooth passthrough, and this is comparable to a GameCube adapter as far as this topic is concerned. It would be possible to add support for remapping in Dolphin when using a GameCube adapter, it just hasn't been added yet.
(12-22-2023, 04:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin can't do that when you're using Bluetooth passthrough.

Wait, but in a short thread that you yourself later replied to afterwards, another user told me that I can use "Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers" even though my opening post specifies bluetooth passthrough:
And, at least on my current PC that lacks bluetooth, that checkbox doesn't get greyed out when selecting "bluetooth passthrough".
Really would like a way to map the open menu feature to a controller in Android. It would be really useful for devices that do not have a back button, or for external controllers.
(12-22-2023, 04:52 PM)Angst Wrote: [ -> ]Really would like a way to map the open menu feature to a controller in Android. It would be really useful for devices that do not have a back button, or for external controllers.

Yes that would be great. Aether SX2 has this Button Mapping.
I'd like an option to send dolphin into the background on android when the machine is put into standby (screen turned off).  It seems when it's in the foreground it's killing the battery, and yet simply send it to the background and it doesn't.  Even better than sending to the background would be to stop whatever processing it's doing that's killing the battery and turn it back on when the screen is turned back on again.  This battery drainage is super-prevalent on the retroid pocket machines.
Feature Request: Add a shortcut parameter to show specific platforms. For example, I have a folder for GC and a folder for Wii and they both have shortcuts to dolphin, it would be cool if the GC shortcut only showed GC games and the Wii shortcut only wii games. I know that I can have two separate installs of Dolphin for each platform, but that just seems like overkill.
Alright, so I get that this is hyper-specific, but a hotkey to clear the log would be immensely helpful in this specific workflow I'm trying to figure out
A binding to recenter accelerometer would be very useful, for both pointer simulation (a la 3D All Stars Galaxy) and for using gyro alongside mouse and touchscreen pointer simulatio on handhelds, as a way to get around the system disabling pointer when the remote is upright.
In light of this now broken flathub link, appimage versions of Dolphin might be a good idea so we don't need to be "tied to the cloud" if one ever needs to make a new installation of their Linux OS or you decide to purchase a Steam Deck or the like.
on the fly 3d stereoscopic adjustments with keybinds and save to game settings