Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That makes a lot more sense to me now. Thanks again Jos!
put a always check for updates when opening dolphin
It already does.
The "Force Texture Filtering" and "Anisotropic Filtering" enhancement options cause problems in many titles. This frequently seems to be related to a limited set of textures that are not intended to be filtered. Could we account for that by allowing those texture hashes to be inventoried and omitting filtering on matches?
Just saw this thread and wanted to repost my ideas here from my own thread.

Working with .raw files can be tedious. WinImage likes to crash, and is overall just unpleasant to use. So... how come we can't set a drive letter as a virtual SD instead? I'd like to be able to use an actual SD card in games, instead of using a .raw file.

This would make managing mods and other things much easier, as you wouldn't have to open the data partition every time.

Oh, and reminder that temporarily downloading and using the Netplay host's save as an option would be an amazing feature.
(05-08-2018, 09:49 AM)Roadhog360 Wrote: [ -> ]Working with .raw files can be tedious. WinImage likes to crash, and is overall just unpleasant to use. So... how come we can't set a drive letter as a virtual SD instead? I'd like to be able to use an actual SD card in games, instead of using a .raw file.

This would make managing mods and other things much easier, as you wouldn't have to open the data partition every time.
That was already proposed way back actually and it's almost impossible to do in a clean, non-hacky way. AFAIK, all emulated software with SD Card support directly accesses it in low level and every one has its own way of doing that, so, it's very hard to do that in a way that would work with all games. Dolphin is also multi platform, each one handles file systems and driver letters differently, which would also make things harder...
Makes sense.

What about my other suggestion?
Feasible for gamecube saves. Memcards are small.

Wii NANDs are huge.

Nobody has expressed interest in improving netplay in awhile
(05-09-2018, 02:04 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Feasible for gamecube saves. Memcards are small.

Wii NANDs are huge.

Nobody has expressed interest in improving netplay in awhile

What about just transferring the one game's save and nothing else?
That gets messy and doesn't actually solve the problem of one of the reasons why Wii games desync. Any inconsistencies between netplay users in NAND can potentially cause a desync.