Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Certain games need a lot of different settings to function properly
You do know Dolphin already automatically applies settings that are deemed essential for the game to be playable, right? (Dolphin ships with GameINIs, and the per-game settings are loaded automatically. Just don't open the graphics setting dialog while a game is running.)

Nova Spartan

(10-30-2016, 02:52 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]You do know Dolphin already automatically applies settings that are deemed essential for the game to be playable, right? (Dolphin ships with GameINIs, and the per-game settings are loaded automatically. Just don't open the graphics setting dialog while a game is running.)

Does it? When I started playing Paper Mario it was screwed up because I was lacking an option in relation to EFB textures and the bounding box was turned off which I had to manually change, it wasn't automatic for me. You may be talking about something different though, I was just talking about things in the graphics options and maybe in the config.

That said I don't know much about these sorts of things, so I could be wrong.
That's what I'm referring to; they have GameINIs to disable the EFB to Texture Only option and enable Bounding Box.

Paper Mario: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...gs/NAE.ini
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...gs/G8M.ini
Super Paper Mario: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...gs/R8P.ini

So it looks like you may be missing the GameINIs, or they may not be up-to-date.

Nova Spartan

(10-30-2016, 04:04 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]So it looks like you may be missing the GameINIs, or they may not be up-to-date.

That's most likely the scenario, I assume. Well, thanks for clearing that up.

piau9000

Don't know if someone has already posted this so sorry.

I was playing Lego Harry Potter. By holding B button you enter aim mode. The aim mode in the game is controlled by the IR.
The thing is, I'm using a 360 controller and I've set the IR to the right analog stick. It works fine. Kinda.
These Lego games move the pointer to offscreen if they don't detect movement on the IR. In a real wiimote it is almost impossible to happen since, even if you try really hard to don't move, your hands still do micro movements. In a analog stick on the other hand it's pretty easy to do.
So the pointer keeps going to the far left/right/etc when you are aiming and it's kind annoying since it keep locking on everyhting on the screen when all you wanted is to lock on a statue.

Is it possible to implement a code that keeps sending micro movement signals to the game telling that the IR is moving?
It can something like "each x milisecond send a up/down/left/right signal to the game".

I'm asking this on feature request because I think it's not a bug.
But you guys can move it if you want.
Nand Management (especially for savestates) for Wii would be great.
Deleting savegames and tickets from Wii games completely from the nand. Exporting and importing of savegames.
Also Mii Management could be helpful. Importing and exporting of miis.

Ryan6700

Any possible chance for N64 games in the future? Project 64 is a mess and I can't wrap my head around that "Retroarch" thing..
As long as the game is on the Virtual Console, sure. If you mean Dolphin actually emulating the Nintendo 64, forget it.

Ryan6700

(11-07-2016, 03:45 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]As long as the game is on the Virtual Console, sure. If you mean Dolphin actually emulating the Nintendo 64, forget it.

Darn Sad Just wish there were better options out there for N64 emulation. Oh well. Thank you for the reply.
(11-06-2016, 06:40 PM)PapermanZero Wrote: [ -> ]Nand Management (especially for savestates) for Wii would be great.
Or at least a helper for installing the system menu and those default channels from an iso would be nice.
Right now, you have to dump those WADs from the update partition of the ISO and to install them after each other.
But so you can boot the system menu and eg start the mii channel Big Grin