Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know how RPCS3 does it, but Dolphin does let you do it already, though most of the settings have to be edited manually in INIs rather than being editable in the GUI: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
All I want is for somebody to fix the damn gecko codes support so its 100% compatible, or atleast doesnt crash dolphin randomly, hope 2018 will be the year for it. Although seeing how its never been done before chances of that happening seem slim to none.
an option to render graphics between quality and performance
(01-08-2018, 09:36 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]an option to render graphics between quality and performance

That is what you can do with the Enhancements and Internal Resolution: If you set 1x IR and no enhancements you get speed/performance. If you do change those settings you get better quality.
add a changelog for every dev version
(01-09-2018, 09:36 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]add a changelog for every dev version

That already exists... Click on the link to the pull request of each development version if you want to see more details than the short summary you can see on the download list.
Guys, would it be possible to somehow multiple the number of polygons on the models? I mean, as you can do this with pixels and resolution.. so doing this to the models itself, with the other feature.

Probably nonsense, I had to ask Smile
Curious what is your thought on it.
There was some discussion in the past about being able to dump meshes and load custom ones, but it isn't really practical. There's not really any good way of determining when one mesh ends and the next begins, so you'd probably just end up with a load of random geometry and no way to make sense of it. The other option would be to use tesselation to improve meshes at runtime, but it's probably still the case that Dolphin doesn't know enough about what the game is trying to do to just slap a tesselation shader in between the vertex and fragment shaders.
Ishiiruka already supports tessellation, the result and quality of the models depends on the quality of the normals of the original model, so the result is really game dependant, also an option to enable tessellation in games that does not provide normals in their models is available to allow the usage of displacement and material maps on those games.
play wii u games on dolphin...