Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And indeed, some (like Debian) have packaged Dolphin, even a development build (in experimental only though for now).
(05-05-2016, 11:49 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I'm waiting on all of this until after 5.0 since we're so close to release.

Ah, thanks!

Custom sounds, please please please Smile

Mikemk

Dolphin should add a texture pack database, with downloading and updating support.
The widescreen hack should have a function that allows to not stretch the UI, but instead to keep it in aspect. In games like Super Mario Galaxy, stretching the game to 21:9, apart from causing some aspect ratio errors on buffer effects, makes pointing really really hard, as the UI is stretched to 21:9, but the actual 3D input you're providing it's in the 16:9 aspect ratio. This means that you have to go all the way to the edge of the screen to pick something that has yet a long way to be on the edge of the screen. Precise aiming requested in some stars like this one makes the usage of widescreen hack impossible.

I know that this may cause strange errors on the screen, like eventually letterbox not going to all the screen's width, but at least the gameplay would be improved, in this meaning.

Please add this as an option, it is quite important for gameplay purposes.
If I use the Widescreen Hack and Stretch options I can widen the FOV in one direction by making the windows be an extreme Aspect Ratio. Could there be FOV sliders that allowed for the FOV to be widened in either direction manually?

Edit: Can we have an option to "Dump Frames" as some sort of series of uncompressed bitmaps instead of DivX or FFV1?

Can we have an option to save screenshots or "Dump Frames" in the "internal resolution" selected in the options instead of what resolution the windows happens to be?
I've been wanting this for quite awhile, but I've been thinking about the ideal way to implement this, the UI/UX for this would be interesting.

Our controller config is already ridiculously packed with things, so thats one issue.

Another issue is I don't like the idea of just setting up autofire hotkeys for just one or two buttons, I'd prefer it be user configured, but that leads to the problem of "How the heck do I present this to the user in a sane way while working with our already VERY information heavy controller config UI?"

Something I've been kicking around for quite awhile and haven't settled on a solution I've liked.
(06-16-2016, 02:37 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I've been wanting this for quite awhile, but I've been thinking about the ideal way to implement this, the UI/UX for this would be interesting.

Our controller config is already ridiculously packed with things, so thats one issue.

Another issue is I don't like the idea of just setting up autofire hotkeys for just one or two buttons, I'd prefer it be user configured, but that leads to the problem of "How the heck do I present this to the user in a sane way while working with our already VERY information heavy controller config UI?"

Something I've been kicking around for quite awhile and haven't settled on a solution I've liked.

I like SNES9x's method where turbo functions are in a new tab of the same dialogue. So, you'd either add a drop down menu to select it or a set of tabs on the top and it would use the same dialogue box space.
(04-07-2016, 06:21 PM)Depressed Osaka Wrote: [ -> ]This may have been asked to death already, but a controller friendly UI, pretty please?

I mean, we're getting right into the era of comfy couch PC Gaming, it would be very welcomed, and PPSSPP does it just right.

So I am actually working on an unofficial fork of Dolphin that is basically that. Right now it is in the proof of concept phase. If you are a developer, you can test it out at https://github.com/DesiOtaku/dolphin with the flag "ENABLE_KAWAII" turned on. I am almost done with the proof of concept and will make a quick presentation when I am done.
Hello! Long time reader and player, first time poster. (Currently replaying RE4 Wii edition in 1080p, and it really is the ultimate way to play that game out of all the myriad versions.)

Apologies if this has been requested before, but is it possible to have user-configurable save game paths? PCSX2 has them, so I simply point them to my Dropbox folder, so my PS2 saves are always backed up off-site in real time. It relieves all my lost-save anxiety - is it possible to do something similar with Dolphin?
You can configure the Wii NAND root in the settings for Wii games. For GC games, you can simply put your memory card/GCI folder in the Dropbox folder.