Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WEBP, while good for transferring images in good quality without them taking up too much space, isn't really appropriate for textures as it can't contain any of the block compression formats modern GPUs like. Compressing to any format other than the hardware-accelerated block-compressed formats is just as slow and eats just as much memory at runtime as having no compression at all.
Accept 2 players Lightgun or Raw input feature would be great.
Hi I was wondering if there was any plans to add RawInput to this EMU. This would be great for all the light gun games that are 2 player. Demulshooter only works with 5.0 and the EMU has many improvements since then. I hope I am requesting this in the right spot. Thank you for a great EMU.
Hi, could we perhaps have a dark mode that comes with the emulator without having to install it manually first?
Whether Dark Mode is used or not could perhaps also be adjusted according to which setting the user has selected (Light / Dark) under "Settings > Personalization > Colors" (on Windows).
The ability to stop emulation when we're exiting to Wii Menu would be nice Smile This would make my Nvidia Shield really nice Wii Console (client for PC).
(10-04-2022, 12:49 AM)Lettendo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could we perhaps have a dark mode that comes with the emulator without having to install it manually first?
Whether Dark Mode is used or not could perhaps also be adjusted according to which setting the user has selected (Light / Dark) under "Settings > Personalization > Colors" (on Windows).

All hail to this
Hi guys, can I ask here if something like the custom materials texture feature is in the work or at the radar at all?

Thanks as always Smile
(02-05-2023, 03:20 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, can I ask here if something like the custom materials texture feature is in the work or at the radar at all?

Thanks as always Smile

Something like it yes. See https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/11300
(02-05-2023, 04:21 AM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]Something like it yes.  See https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/11300

Whoa, that looks absolutely amazing!

I can imagine if I was able to do this using the good old material feature in Ishiiruka, much more could be possible with what you're cooking Smile
Looking very forward to it!

Do you have any time frame already?

(02-05-2023, 04:59 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, that looks absolutely amazing!

I can imagine if I was able to do this using the good old material feature in Ishiiruka, much more could be possible with what you're cooking Smile
Looking very forward to it!

Do you have any time frame already?

Thanks for the kind words!

It's pretty much done but there's an outside refactor that will mean I'll have to rework it a bit Also, when I say done, I mean it's ready for review and to put into Dolphin. However, while it's usable, there is a lot of work left to do to complete things. The API may change in the future. I consider this phase one of a multi-phase plan. It's a lot of work, I don' t know how far I'll take it. But I'm glad to hear positive words from the community! I hope you can make something cool with it Smile