Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a request concerning multi disc games for the gamecube.
Many may know the wii homebrew application "Nintendont, Dios Mios or Devolution".

One aspect of these applications which could be also a nice feature for dolphin is the automatic disc change.
The game recognizes by "itself" to switch to disc 2 or back to disc 1.
Especially games like Metal Gear Solid, Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil can be played in one run without any disturbing disc change.

Sounds like a good suggestion.

According to the DIOS MIOS r34 diff, DVDLowStopMotor is used as a cue to change discs. However, simply implementing that way in Dolphin can cause problems in some places... For instance, I think the Wii Menu uses DVDLowStopMotor after reading the metadata of a newly inserted disc. I wonder if it would work to just have a "Change discs automatically" option and expect users to know what they're doing when running things like the Wii Menu? Besides that, the only problem I can think of is how DVDInterface is supposed to know the filename of the second disc image.

EDIT: I'll turn this into a feature request on the issue tracker.
* 'Circle Stick' setting for the IR axes. XInput pads are almost unusable without this feature (the IR frame is a rectangle, but the pad is limited to a smaller circular area inside that frame, so corners cannot be accessed)

* Aniso Filtering Toggle Hotkey
I would probably want to suggest X and Y FOV to be separately changed because I would not only want to change it by widescreen hack, I also want to give the display more vertical FOV and some more X without having to use widescreen hack. The reasons I want that feature on there so that I can adjust the vertical FOV with that new graphic adjustment for increasing more of the stuff that widescreen hack can't get when choosing 4:3 on gamecube games. Another reason is that the free look doesn't keep the models in position when zooming out.
(03-15-2015, 10:51 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good suggestion.

According to the DIOS MIOS r34 diff, DVDLowStopMotor is used as a cue to change discs. However, simply implementing that way in Dolphin can cause problems in some places... For instance, I think the Wii Menu uses DVDLowStopMotor after reading the metadata of a newly inserted disc. I wonder if it would work to just have a "Change discs automatically" option and expect users to know what they're doing when running things like the Wii Menu? Besides that, the only problem I can think of is how DVDInterface is supposed to know the filename of the second disc image.

Should be simple enough to just check for the existence of a game with the same ID but is disk 2? If there is none, then do nothing. As long as no two disc games use that command except when you need to change disks?
(03-16-2015, 01:01 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2015, 10:51 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good suggestion.

Should be simple enough to just check for the existence of a game with the same ID but is disk 2? If there is none, then do nothing. As long as no two disc games use that command except when you need to change disks?

Don't forget about the case where disc 2 prompts you to switch to disc 1
for example starting disc 2 with no save
(03-16-2015, 01:01 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Should be simple enough to just check for the existence of a game with the same ID but is disk 2? If there is none, then do nothing. As long as no two disc games use that command except when you need to change disks?
Yes, that part is clear. But this requires some cooperation between DVDInterface and the game list, because only DVDInterface knows when to change discs and only the game list knows which discs there are, and the problem is just that I'm not sure how to structure that. Should the GUI call something in DVDInterface when launching emulation to tell it which the two discs are? Would that be a bit too redundant, since the currently inserted disc is set in a completely different way?
* Framelimit = 1200 option or a custom framelimit setting (similar to the custom IR setting) for benchmarking purposes.

Many titles blackscreen / do not even start when the framelimiter is set to OFF (especially when combined with the 'AspectRatio = 1' setting and/or a WS patch).
The current max. setting of 120 is too low for benchmarking, especially for titles that run at full VPS, but half FPS.

OnFyar

(03-17-2015, 04:37 AM)OnFyar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone! I am new to the forum. My native language is not english (sorry for any mistakes).

In my opinion dolphin is the best emulator ever, not because of the games it allows us to play on other platforms but because of the amount of features it offers and developers aim for accuracy.
However there is always room for emprovement and i though this features could really make a better user experience:

- Virtual Buttons on the pc version (great for windows 8 tablets) with options to resize/change button color and transparency (similar to the android version).
Android tablets still strugle to play games at full speed however windows 8 tablets already have the necessary power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FieEFUvib20

- Emulator interface working without needing Mouse+Keyboard (Controller only). Sometimes i just want to sit on the couch and play with a controller but everytime i want to change game or settings i need to use M&Kb. With steamOS and living room PC's becoming more popular this would be a great feature.

- Option to enable 60/120/144fps (When available) without needing to insert cheat code (Noob friendly)

- Option to assign more than 1 button (2 or 3 would be great) to an action (Example: Use both Spacebar and Enter as the "A" button), i tried doing this and couldnt.

Thank you Dolphin developers for all the work put into this awesome emulator! Big Grin

^^^^^^^^ this

(Sorry for posting on the wrong place before)
i think a save upload and download in the dolphin emulator is useful and a friendlist where we can see which game does your friend play at the moment. and i think is nice when we can watch how long we played which game like on the 3ds or wiiu.