Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-17-2018, 12:50 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add a feature where Dolphin does an intelligence test and if you fail it, it bans you from the forums.

Dolphin feature that asks you "are you sure you want to do stupid shit" when accessing the overclocking UI. If you click yes, it says "overclocking UI unlocked. You are now banned from the forums."
im starting to think that your pc specs wont matter anymore to play games in the near future.. because all pc will be like a console that has equal specs and features.. infants today will laugh at our generation today and talk about the issues about emulation in the 2000's and 10's era.. seriously guys when computer was invented who would have taught that a simple calculating machine can be used for gaming, business at home etc.. also who would have taught in the 1980's and 90's that NES, SNES, GB, PS1 will also run on computers/cellphones even at bootleg systems.. thats the good thing about technology you'll never know what will be invented in the future... so you might as well consider my idea Smile
Pure logic, can't beat that.

But no... Just no...

On a side-note, an improved interface for the Edit User Config option would be awesome. Setting up an .ini file works fine, sure. But nothing beats a thorough interface. Especially for selecting a controller-layout per game. Ohh and an option that a texture pack folder can be used by multiple titles (and I am not meaning a different region). Quite a few games benefit from sharing the same texture pack such as Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and the different versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Yeah, I could solve this through multple symlinks, but I rather avoid doing so.
We're working on it in the Qt GUI. Once it's the main UI.
Can you make the texture cache safety settable on a per-game basis? I have a few games that require it to be set to safe because of missing text problems, but also a few where setting it to fast helps out performance.
(03-17-2018, 05:02 AM)qwertyops900 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make the texture cache safety settable on a per-game basis? I have a few games that require it to be set to safe because of missing text problems, but also a few where setting it to fast helps out performance.

You can specify that in the gameini.

Try this:

[Video_Settings]
SafeTextureCacheColorSamples = 0

Use the value 0 for safe, 128 for fast or 512 for the middle normal setting.

To access a gameini fast:
1. Open Dolphin.
2. Right-click your game in the list.
3. Click on Properties.
4. Click on the Edit User Config button.
5. Start editing.
Any chance we can get some scaling filters built into dolphin for 2d textures and text, like a xbrz scaling filter?
(03-17-2018, 01:46 AM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]im starting to think that your pc specs wont matter anymore to play games in the near future.. because all pc will be like a console that has equal specs and features.. infants today will laugh at our generation today and talk about the issues about emulation in the 2000's and 10's era.. seriously guys when computer was invented who would have taught that a simple calculating machine can be used for gaming, business at home etc.. also who would have taught in the 1980's and 90's that NES, SNES, GB, PS1 will also run on computers/cellphones even at bootleg systems.. thats the good thing about technology you'll never know what will be invented in the future... so you might as well consider my idea Smile

I tawt I taw a dummy lad.

Cloud gaming isn't for the near future, not before we all get 1 Gb/s internet and 1 ms latency on all servers. In short, not before a long time. This would be the beginning of gaming as a service, streaming, like Spotify for music and Netflix for movies. Which is terrible.

I succumbed to streaming for music with Spotify, but I never did for TV shows, anime and movies, and I never will.
As for gaming : over my dead body.
Would it be possible to create a feature that allows players to see the bones of the models in Dolphin's Fifo Player?
Similar to the Wireframe option, the mode would allow players to see how the bones inside the model move, and how the model is animated. This might be a dumb request. Tongue
Not possible. Because emulators are not aware of the bones in models and animations. Only things like polygons, shaders, etc. Things you render