Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Box Art

[Image: 960544_125515_front.jpg]

About the game

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (New スーパーマリオブラザーズ Wii Nyū Sūpā Mario Burazāzu Wī?) is a 2009 side-scrolling platform video game published and developed by Nintendo for the Wii video game console. The game was released on November 11, 2009 in Australia, November 15, 2009 in North America, November 20, 2009 in Europe and December 3, 2009 in Japan. It is the first game in the Mario main series since the Mario Bros. arcade game to feature simultaneous multiplayer gameplay, and the first title to include Nintendo's new 'Super Guide' feature. To highlight the uniqueness of the title, Nintendo chose to use a red keep case instead of the traditional white.

The game’s plot is similar to those of other side-scrolling Mario games. New Super Mario Bros. Wii follows Mario as he fights his way through Bowser’s henchmen to rescue Princess Peach. Mario has access to several power-ups that help him complete his quest, including the Ice Flower, the Fire Flower, and the Starman, each giving him unique abilities. While traveling through up to nine worlds with a total of 80 levels, Mario must defeat Bowser's children (the Koopalings and Bowser Jr.), Kamek, and Bowser himself before finally saving Princess Peach.

Recommended Dolphin build

Dolphin 3.0 (Windows 32-bits)
Dolphin 3.0 (Windows 64-bits)
Dolphin 3.0 (Mac OSX)

Emulation Status & Speed
  • What does not work:
    - Coins won't spin if EFB Copy to Texture is enabled
    - Blue coins are invisible unless EFB Copy to RAM is enabled

• Region differences:
    Shouldn't be any regional differences of importance

• Emulation Speed:
    Should work well with most setups since it's not the most demanding Wii game.

For more detailed information refer to the wiki

Recommended configuration for Dolphin 3.0

[Image: 5jwu4p.png][Image: 502jus.png][Image: ra6kbt.png][Image: 2z4n3ic.png]
[Image: 21lshnr.png][Image: 5xpyj7.png]

*Note: If the game is running slow use EFB Copy to Texture instead of RAM and HLE emulation instead of LLE recompiler to increase performance.

Additional Information

New Super Mario Bros. Wii wiki page

[Howto] Getting DSP dumps (required for DSP-LLE) by ExtremeDude2
awesome post thanks for clearing everything up. but arent you missing the "Copy EFB To Texture"? or is that no longer necessary on newer builds
SmileSmileSmile

Box-art!!!
Fantastic !

(12-02-2009, 05:37 AM)sok98 Wrote: [ -> ]awesome post thanks for clearing everything up. but arent you missing the "Copy EFB To Texture"? or is that no longer necessary on newer builds
normally most of the people use "Copy EFB to texture" so...
oh okay thanks for clarifying
Sorry ...
My OS is Win7 64bit
i just tried 4632 ... everything is perfect !!

but
Unlimited JIT Cache: Disabled
my joystick will lost ... maybe this is "bug" ??

Unlimited JIT Cache: Enabled , then my joystick work again !!
anybody as same as me ??
hey does anyone know how i can move my nsmb save from one build of dolphin to another?
copy *User\Wii folder from the old revision to the new , all your wii saves will be transfered
thanks worked great! lol another question though... i cant seem to get past the loop after player select on DX9 plugin... im using a NTSC version if that makes a difference.

LuisR14

well i'm still trying to find a way to be able to play without the desync issue Undecided