Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-22-2011, 01:04 PM)moogplayer Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for replying!

I'm sorry I don't know how to post a picture... I got it to get past the "clearing code cache" and load the game with the latest version (7477), but I am still having the graphics problem.

I have a 2008 MacBook Pro,
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03

The background scenery is all showing up, but no boxes or coins or ground... the characters and enemies all look like they are floating there! All graphics loaded when I used an old version of ZeroWII, but the game kept crashing when I tried to play... I really want to be using Dolphin.

OK I'm only speculating now but could it be that your GPU is about to fail/quit which is why this happen?

Here is my Graphics/Display info...

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3212
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
(04-22-2011, 01:04 PM)moogplayer Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for replying!

I'm sorry I don't know how to post a picture... I got it to get past the "clearing code cache" and load the game with the latest version (7477), but I am still having the graphics problem.

I have a 2008 MacBook Pro,
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03

The background scenery is all showing up, but no boxes or coins or ground... the characters and enemies all look like they are floating there! All graphics loaded when I used an old version of ZeroWII, but the game kept crashing when I tried to play... I really want to be using Dolphin.

you've got a duo core so it isn't as effective as the new macs with i3 and above....if u want to properly play those games you would need to upgrade your macs processor to i3 at least...im not sure what u can do with your mac since its already 3 years old, my bro has the same one and i know how it works, and i honestly think that you wouldn't be able to play many wii games at full potential, sry bro thats all i can say

DAGGERS

does anyone know how to stop the game crashing after world 4-2? I am running R6227 with recommended settings, game runs 100% until I get to this point. thanks
Daggers, did you enable "accurate texture cache" ?

DAGGERS

(04-25-2011, 05:38 PM)fullspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Daggers, did you enable "accurate texture cache" ?

I can't find such an option, but I found Safe texture cache? same shit?
yes exactly "safe texture cache",
in new builds its ""accurate texture cache"
Dudes, I have such a weird problems with US version of NSMBW (only happens with US Version): The player 1 and player 2 controllers (XBOX controllers) are inverted! I really don't know why, but the "X/input/0/Controller" assigned to Wiimote 1 turns Wiimote 2 when i start NSMBW, and "Xinput/1/Controller" turns wiimote 1. I messed up with Alt+F5/F6/F7/F8 all the way i can, inclusive in Wii Home. Spent all day connecting and DCing controllers, without success.

The only workaround that i found is play with EURO/PAL, and forcing 60fps to fluid gameplay. Gameplay is gonna be harder, you character you not respond your commands in perfect time, since you're playing a PAL game forced in 60fps.

_____

These days I and a friend found another really annoying problem. On some not-too-early version of Dolphin (71xx) is all amazing right, this seems to happens only on 73xx versions.

Problem: The up and down swing command (that make mario spins in air or hold an object or character) is assigned to L-R Triggers. L swing down, and R swings up. In 71xx, no problem, just with one single touch in "up-down-up-down", mario spins in the air, precisely. But with 73xx, i need to do this between 10~50 times to mario make something. No matter how fast, how precisely or how "specific-time-alternated" i press the buttons, notthing happens until i repeat it for some 30 times. Its like that version did not recognize that im pressing the buttons. o_O

Yes, the emulator is systematically configured. Tongue

Thanks
BUMP! Smile

DAGGERS

(04-27-2011, 06:41 PM)fullspeed Wrote: [ -> ]yes exactly "safe texture cache",
in new builds its ""accurate texture cache"

that worked great, thanks for your help Big Grin