Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-06-2009, 03:30 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2009, 11:33 PM)lemonade Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2009, 07:43 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Unlimited JIT cache is no longer required, it's a useless option now. I don't understand why he doesn't remove the option from his builds since it is no longer needed. Also, from what I've tested the watchdog patch doesn't seem to offer any benefits, no games ran any faster by using or including this option. Any of these so called benefits the watchdog option offers seems to merely be a placebo effect, if someone claims something improves performance everyone automatically believes it even if it doesn't offer any performance advantages.

Hence why I don't include these options in my builds, because for the most part these options are useless and tend to cause more problems than it's worth to include these options.

In case anyone is wondering, the unlimited JIT hack/fix is no longer needed since LinesProwers JIT fixes, even the developers of Dolphin have said so.

If I don't have Unlimited JIT cache enabled, controller doesn't work for me in NSMBW and Dolphin also crashes pretty soon after starting the game. So I guess it is still needed at least for me.

The problem is just you, and isn't something that Unlimited JIT cache is fixing. The option is useless now, the developers who actually develop dolphin and have more of an understanding of the code than anyone here has said this more than once.

Just so you know, I and everyone else have none of the problems you've mentioned without the Unlimited JIT cache hack. Try using a build without this option, I'm sure your problem will go away.

I have been playing NSMB Wii and many other games just fine without this option, others have as well. Watchdog isn't the answer for better performance, watchdog merely offers a placebo effect performance increase. Any benefits the watchdog patch offers is a delusion, the best thing everyone can do to improve performance is upgrade their hardware. I've tested the watchdog patch with several games and it offers very little to absolutely no increase in performance for Dolphin.

There is no magical performance fix for crappy outdated hardware, which is why even Pcsx2 with the speedhacks still runs crappy on old outdated hardware.

Anyway to get back on topic, I've just beat the first world last night, I'm on the sand world now. This game reminds me of the classic Super Mario Bros. games with some 3D elements mixed in. I am definitely liking this game so far, anyone notice how the Koopa's will stop walking and start dancing in place? Tongue

The Watchdog thing is not a placebo at all. It has a definete effect. Read my post from a couple pages ago when I commented on your opinion. It might be slight, it might be game dependant, etc. etc. but it worth staying around for now. There's other options that probably do less, that deserve to go first.
because the watchdog patch itself doen't work , you need it with another patch to make it work and even with those patches you need to change them because they are too old. I used to use watchdog patch but I get bored of changing it ( and I know nothing about c++ )

kaos31

Hi guys, at the first time sorry for my english.

My pc configuration is:

cpu: amd phenom II x2 550, 3.10 ghz
gpu: ati radeon hd 4850, 512 ram gddr3
ram: 4 gb ddr2

I tried to configure dolphin for a good session of game in new super mario bros, but without success. With opengl go too slow, with any resolution, antialiasing ecc ecc
I tried also direct3d 9, but obviously with black screen.
On youtube I see good gameplay video on pc with hardware most old.

There is someone here that play without problem with my gpu model?
If is possible, to past a screen with the best options to set.

Help me please, xD

Thanks everyone.
(12-06-2009, 04:58 AM)kaos31 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried also direct3d 9, but obviously with black screen.
What? I readed that D3D plugin work perfect for this game

kaos31

(12-06-2009, 05:41 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2009, 04:58 AM)kaos31 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried also direct3d 9, but obviously with black screen.
What? I readed that D3D plugin work perfect for this game

I said "obviously" because of this:

Q: Why doesn't Direct3D 9 show anything
A: plugin is broken, use older version of it: http://www.nyleveia.com/daco/rev2483.zip

I found this faq at this link: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html

Anyway, the link at this older version not work.
The FAQ needs to be updated , the plugin was fixed long time ago

Try the plugin in any new rev and it will work
deleted
For me, Mario and enemies seem to lack shading in D3D9 mode:
D3D9:
[Image: MarioD3D.jpg]

OpenGL:
[Image: MarioOGL.jpg]
Yea, it lacks, it's 100% visible on Yoshi for example

kaos31

Always black screen with Direct3D9... any help? ;_;