Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
intel core 2 duo t6400 @2.0 ghz (i guess 3.2 equivalent)
ati radeon 4500
4gb ddr2
32-bit vista
Should run fine with those specs, although your CPU is kinda slow-ish.

Also, you should close all non-essential programs while playing Dolphin. (music players, messengers, torrents e.t.c.)

By the way, try Performance Guide, but only change the options that are not in the first post.

Offtopic: Can you give me any reasonable explanation to why you are still using Vista? I mean its like using Internet Explorer for browsing web, or driving a 4x4 off road car in the city.
it was built in my laptop.
do u recommendme to install xp or 7?
I recommend Windows 7 highly, and there's something more, your processor is actually 64 bit (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=40479 ) so I'd say go for Windows 7 64bit.
It won't increase Dolphin's performance much (maybe 5-10%), but your laptop will be faster for sure, and note that only 64 bit windows can actually use the 4GB of ram you have, because 32bit windows can only use 3.25Gb.
thanks a lot for the help bludger.
but the link u gave is not valid.says page not found.
and i have one more question.
when i format my laptop i used to only press F11 and it used to do the rest.drivers etc.
but now when i install windows 7 to my system will my laptop also install my current drivers automaticly?

thanks a lot again.

edit:link worksSmileyeah my processor is actually 64.
I edited my previous post, now the link should work.

Windows 7 installs drivers through Windows Update automatically, there could be some problems if you have a rare network card and it doesn'tt auto install network drivers, but I doubt it (cuz I've installed win 7 on many pc's and recently it seems they have pretty much all drivers you could want). And since your laptop isn't old, there shouldn't be any problems with any devices.

However, seeing as you are not an experienced windows user, you should get someone with experience to help you out with installing Windows 7.
thanks thanks thanks.

TrishRowdy

I can't control this game anymore! Buttons just don't work. Whatever I press, game doesn't react. Tried with r6722.
However they work on other Wii games, such as Sonic 4. What's the problem?
(01-02-2011, 05:17 PM)TrishRowdy Wrote: [ -> ]I can't control this game anymore! Buttons just don't work. Whatever I press, game doesn't react. Tried with r6722.
However they work on other Wii games, such as Sonic 4. What's the problem?

Exactly my problem to NSMB doesn't respond on any controls in all revisions after r6679Confused

I did post a thread about it here and in the revision section but no-one replies on any of my threadsSad also another problem that i have is that the program is getting slower with every new revision rather than getting fasterHuh
I have posted the solution to the control problems in the general forums. It turns out that on new builds, all 4 wiimotes default to "emulated" instead of none.

Disable wiimotes 2 to 4 and controls work again.

I have a different problem. Since recent builds, NSMB gets stuck on the scrolling background after selecting a save game (just like the glitch when the game was first released). I cant remember the solution to it.

EDIT: Solved the scrolling background. Just created another game in slot 2 and then went back to my original save and all is working again. Wierd.