Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KRiSX

just seems odd it works perfectly in 1 game but not another
I have a problem and its driving me nuts. I can run NSMB 60fps no problems for about 5-10 minutes then all of the sudden it jumps to around 30 fps and stays there.
I have the optimal settings (page 1 settings) I cannot figure out why it is doing this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Running on my laptop
Gateway NV79
Intel i7 Quad core 2.67GHz
8GB ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
Maybe an overheating issue? Check your temps with CoreTemp.
(09-15-2012, 12:33 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe an overheating issue? Check your temps with CoreTemp.

What would be an ideal temp and what should I do if its too high?
You are probably right about the heat, it is staying around 90 C - 96 C
How can I fix this?
Yep that is too high, get some kind of laptop fan
Well... If your laptop overheats , CPU will throttle down (CPU clock speed goes slower) . For example : 2.6GHz -> 1.2GHz
(09-15-2012, 12:48 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep that is too high, get some kind of laptop fan

I have an external fan blowing on it it, also im gonna get some compressed air today and see if that helps.

Other than that is there a way to override the slowdown due to overheat?
Your CPU thermal compound (thermal paste/thermal grease) is probably dead
Replace it with aftermarket one like Arctic MX-4 and you'll be fine
Btw if you're overheating with NSMB you should worry. And don't even try other games 'til you change your stuff
Thanks for your help guys, looks like Ill be taking my laptop into the shop,
For now is there anyway to override the slowdown ?
With games like Modern Warfare 3 for PC my laptop would overheat and complete shutdown (no slowdown).
Is the slowdown a Dolphin protection thing ?
Id rather my laptop shutoff than slowdown.
Also if I kill this laptop I get a free one with warantee lol