Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-08-2011, 10:09 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2011, 03:20 PM)lagg Wrote: [ -> ]This is my experience, as well. I was crusing through World 1 and loving it, and soon as I hit world 2 the game slowed way down. I have EFB to RAM enabled, and it was great in World 1...the only way to get World 2 performing decently is to set EFB to texture, but I hate the way the coins look.

My specs are pretty good:
Core i7 3.47 GHz
dual 6870s in crossfire

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I've seen videos online of a 4858 build that appears to have EFB to RAM set active, and still performs amazingly. I'm personally running r7564 and pretty much everything else is slick where there aren't emulation issues.

Setting? Revision?

Ah, yes, that would be helpful.

Revision: r7564

Settings (checked ones listed):
Config:General:
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Framlimit: Auto

Config:General:Advanced Settings:
Skip GC BIOS
JIT Recompiler

Display:
DX9
Fullscreen Resolution: "1920x1080" (lowering this doesn't improve performance)
Start Renderer in fullscreen
Use Panic Handlers
Theme: Boomy

Audio:
DSP HLE Emulation (LLE is choppy audio)
Enable DTK Music
Enable Audio Throttle
Audio:Backend Settings:
DSound
Sample Rate: 48000Hz

Wii:
IR Sensitivity: Max
Speaker Volume: lowest
Wiimote Motor
Reconnect Wiimote on Load State
Wii:Misc Settings:
Use EuRGB60 Mode (PAL 60) - Toggling this has no effect

Graphics:General:
Force 16:9
Widescreen Hack (this is for Zelda WW, but doesn't seem to impair Wii games)
V-Sync

Graphics:General:Enhancements:
Internal Resolution: Auto (Window Size)
Anti-Aliasing: 4x SSAA (disabling does not improve performance)
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x (disabling doesn't improve performance)
Scaled EFB Copy

Graphics:Hacks:Embedded Frame Buffer:
Ignore Format Changes
Graphics:Hacks:Embedded Frame Buffer:EFB Copies
RAM
Graphics:Hacks:Texture Cache
Accuracy: One notch below Fast
Graphics:Hacks:External Frame Buffer
Disable
Graphics:Hacks:Other:
Disable Per-Pixel Depth

Graphics:Advanced:Misc:
Hide Shader Errors

I'm also running with a 360 controller emulated as a wiimote.

Please, let me know if you need any other settings that I may have missed, but I hope this helps identify something obvious that I should tweak to get this working.

Thank you!

Hi, someone can help me ... ?

I don't know how to save my game ... ?
I try a lot of things but nothing, it does'nt work ...

Thanks

DeepBlue

How can i carry things (Toad or POW-Boxes for Example)? I assigned 1 and shaking to a button and i tried them all together, no success.
(06-10-2011, 02:55 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]How can i carry things (Toad or POW-Boxes for Example)? I assigned 1 and shaking to a button and i tried them all together, no success.

You must hold "1".
(06-10-2011, 01:32 AM)ilyama Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, someone can help me ... ?

I don't know how to save my game ... ?
I try a lot of things but nothing, it does'nt work ...

Thanks

Someone ? Sleepy

Merci !

DeepBlue

(06-10-2011, 03:17 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2011, 02:55 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]How can i carry things (Toad or POW-Boxes for Example)? I assigned 1 and shaking to a button and i tried them all together, no success.

You must hold "1".

Believe me, i tried that, but it is just not working. Perhaps it is a bug, because the 1 button didnt response in the memory mini game either (i used the b button instead), but funnily enough i can use the button in the overview map to select items...

/Edit: I found the "issue". If the nunchuck controller is emulated, you have to press b instead of 1. Strange that Nintendo didnt change the instruction in the case that the nunchuck is plugged in.
can someone tell what is the bes dolphin build for new super mario bros. Wii.

ZenMasta

Okay so I feel like a retard. But how do I actually save progress when I play? the only thing I can find so far is quicksave and obviously that only works once.
(06-22-2011, 10:48 AM)ZenMasta Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so I feel like a retard. But how do I actually save progress when I play? the only thing I can find so far is quicksave and obviously that only works once.

Super Mario Bros. typically only allows you to save a real save only after mini-castles and castles....so about twice per world. Super Mario World for the SNES was the same way, but allowed saving after Ghost Houses, too. Man, I wish we have a new SMW Sad
Hello !!!

I notice something with this game ...
It works perfect but when I'm playing 3 players (not the problem with 2 players), I've got some random disconnection with 3 real wiimote plus ...

Is there something to fix that ?

Thanks