Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Framelimit -> Off
EFB Copy -> to Texture

Should work better

lvlanson

much better thanx alot!

JohnnyG

Hi guys,

I got a weird problem with this game. It seems as soon as I enter the pipe in the first water level (1-4) to get under water, i get this error:

"FramebufferManager::Create FAIL: Create Color Texture"

After clicking OK I immediately get this error:

"FramebufferManager::Create FAIL: Create Color Depth"

After clicking OK on that error, the screen stays black and the game is unplayable. The music and sound are still playing though and I can hear Mario swimming when I press the controls. I guess there's something wrong with creating the texture and the animation of the water?

I got revision 5251.

My specs: Windows XP Media Center, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+, 1 Gig of RAM, Geforce 7900 GT 256 mb (latest drivers).

Other than that the game runs perfectly (the levels before 1-4).

Any solutions guys?

EDIT: Ok guys I just realised the water level does work when I use the OpenGL plugin. Any ways to get this working with the Direct3D plugin? (this plugin runs the game much smoother)
(04-09-2010, 01:36 PM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Some people, like me, wants to play this game as smooth as a vertical or horizontal platformer should be, so for all of you try enabling vsync to avoid screen flickering (specially on higher resolutions). Just my 2 cent$.

Yeah, and in addition also disable framelimiter and audio throttle (as long as you are running your display at 60 hz). I found that I could run pretty much full speed with no lag or microstutter with that setup.
(04-11-2010, 10:36 PM)JohnnyG Wrote: [ -> ]...i get this error:

"FramebufferManager::Create FAIL: Create Color Texture"

After clicking OK I immediately get this error:

"FramebufferManager::Create FAIL: Create Color Depth"...

I had similar problem and when I reduced anti alising from 9 to 4 that solved the problem. You should try reduce anti alising also. The game freezed on other levels also and I was tricking with switching the safe texture cache between OFF and FAST.

TwoUpWeb

Hi, I'm new to the forums!
I just wanna ask, are my specs good enough to run NSMBWii Fullspeed at 1336x768?
Intel Centrino 2 Due @ 2.26
Nvidia GeForce 9800M GS
4GB Ram

Also, what are the recommended settings for Build 5370, some of the options posted on the 1st page aren't visible in the configuration menu. Thanks Big Grin

EDIT : Oh and, I use the NTSC Version, cause that's what I have.
Does the PAL version go faster?
Hi guys,

I am having a strange problem in world 4. When I enter 4-3 and get "course completed", the game and the emu freezes. No matter what I try, I get "not responding" either in windowed or full screen.

This is the 3rd build I've tried without any success. I just can't get past 4-3 for some odd reason Sad

Overall the game works perfect except from this that is.

I use the 64bit version, just tested the "SVN R 5400".

Tips/help would be appreciated!

Cheers
known issue (though I thought it had been fixed)...enable safe texture cache. Dunno which "level" of it is needed though. There was only one when I used it before.
(04-23-2010, 08:10 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]known issue (though I thought it had been fixed)...enable safe texture cache. Dunno which "level" of it is needed though. There was only one when I used it before.

Thanks for the fast reply - enabled safe texture cache (normal), and it works like a charm!!

My weekend is saved - thanks again! Smile
There's one or two other places where that issue is present. I remember one that is in the Jungle-world when you fight one of those Piranha-plants which are running around on the map. Just so you know. Apart from that, I think you can let safe texture cache disabled if you're in dire need for speed.