Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't change the setting in game. Change it to EFB to RAM and then restart Dolphin. After that, do not touch the settings again. The coins will continue to spin.

kirk1h

(12-14-2010, 11:53 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Don't change the setting in game. Change it to EFB to RAM and then restart Dolphin. After that, do not touch the settings again. The coins will continue to spin.

read my post again.
Yeh, I dunno - the emulator is working fine for me. I do not need to die for the coins to start spinning as they spin straight off. Are you using a revision newer than r6577?

The game won't run at 100% speed while the coins are spinning. You'll have to decide between one or the other.

kirk1h

(12-14-2010, 04:53 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh, I dunno - the emulator is working fine for me. I do not need to die for the coins to start spinning as they spin straight off. Are you using a revision newer than r6577?

The game won't run at 100% speed while the coins are spinning. You'll have to decide between one or the other.

dude... i do not want spinning coins straight off, because the game is not playable this way... so i set it to texture. but they start spinning after i restart the emulator, unless i pop the option menu while ingame.

EDIT: the per-game settings (right click game -> properties) were set to ram. fixed now. either the pre-config for this game were wrong - or i messed them myself months ago when i first tried the emulator^^ sorry, my bad.

dolphin is awesome!
(12-14-2010, 10:37 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just wondering, are those coins rendered differently? why else would they need EFB to RAM while the others don't?

I wish I had a clue how any of this stuff worked. Maybe then I could be of some help.

Here's a large pic of the coins http://i.min.us/idkv0c.png

rasho_hyo

The problem is that without EFB to RAM you can't see the blue coin too! and with EFB to RAM the game is to slow only in some levels for me! (Desert expecially).

I7 @ 3300 (3500 in turbo mode)
6GB Ram
GTX 275

(12-15-2010, 09:27 AM)rasho_hyo Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that without EFB to RAM you can't see the blue coin too! and with EFB to RAM the game is to slow only in some levels for me! (Desert expecially).

I7 @ 3300 (3500 in turbo mode)
6GB Ram
GTX 275

Appearently, the game performance has regressed: I installed rev6574 and whatever the settings I put for D3D9, the game is too slow (I have E8400@3.9GHz). Previous revision didn't suffer of this problem of performance since we put "copy to Texture" I remember.
Furthermore, Mario Galaxy crash very soon and was working before.
That's strange because, dolphin-emulator web site recommend to download last revision and that's wrong for some game which run better on older revision of dolphin.

EDIT : A mistake, we have to right click on the game in the list and set "To texture", through dolphin option, it doesn't work. Sorry for the mistake.
I got a problem, game run perfectly, but in the first stage, when i get the mushroom which gives u red hat with propeller, and u need to "fly" to get big star, game image tells i need to shake wiimote, but i don't undestand which key i have to bind on my 360 pad to emulate that movement!
I tried to bind on dpad shake, swing, tilt, but it' doesn't work..
Does this work for you ?
No it doesn't...
I tried also to enable "sideways wiimote", but nothing changes..