Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

henriko

Hi.

Im having problems making this emulator work at all. The program hangs when i try loading the PAL ISO.

I have ati radion HD 4870x2 with newest drivers, have DL Dx9, followes the settings guide.
Using r4635 on x86 vista, and the program takes the ISO, but hangs when i try to load it.

Any tips?

Any links to older versons maybe 4631 or.. I've tried lookin around, but older seems hard to find specially since i dont know the numbers.
(12-04-2009, 07:28 AM)henriko Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Im having problems making this emulator work at all. The program hangs when i try loading the PAL ISO.

I have ati radion HD 4870x2 with newest drivers, have DL Dx9, followes the settings guide.
Using r4635 on x86 vista, and the program takes the ISO, but hangs when i try to load it.

Any tips?

Any links to older versons maybe 4631 or.. I've tried lookin around, but older seems hard to find specially since i dont know the numbers.

Did you make sure you downloaded the 32 bit version of the emulator?

Also, am I the only one experiencing shadow textures missing with the DX9 pluggin?

eleazar

(12-04-2009, 07:21 AM)Corchybsky Wrote: [ -> ]However, I was wondering if anyone solved the problem of the no shadows issue under the direct X 9 pluggin or does everyone use OpenGL? The game, I personally think, looks significantly better when there are shadow shaders enabled, however, playing the game in OpenGL results in a less than playable frame rate.

I am using the OpenGL plugin with the PAL iso and I get a nice 50-60fps (it'd be nice if I could get a steady 60, but it seems like the auto frame limiter limits it way too much). If i turn off the frame limiter I get 100+fps but somehow it doesn't stay at 60fps constant with it limited. Anyways, be sure to have the Copy EFB to GL Texture (hack) enabled.

(12-04-2009, 08:30 AM)Corchybsky Wrote: [ -> ]Also, am I the only one experiencing shadow textures missing with the DX9 pluggin?

I had the same issue when playing with the DX9 plugin, you're definitely not alone here.

My System:
Build 4635
Windows 7 x64
4gb RAM
3GHz Core2Duo
Nvidia GTX 280.

henriko

(12-04-2009, 08:30 AM)Corchybsky Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2009, 07:28 AM)henriko Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Any tips?

Did you make sure you downloaded the 32 bit version of the emulator?

yes. Rolleyes
(12-04-2009, 09:39 AM)henriko Wrote: [ -> ]yes. Rolleyes
Check "use panic handlers" and try again
I actually noticed this strange oddity: When running the OpenGL, it ran much slower than DX9, but it also had the advantage of shadow shaders.
To fix the framerate issue, I disabled EFB copy in the advanced graphics settings, and got the full framerate. However, this also eliminates the majority of textures making it unplayable, so I re-enabled either of the two EFB copy options, which seemed to "load" the textures of the current map I was one, and then I disabled it right after to increase the framerate and the textures stayed.

If someone could find a hack that would allow the textures to stay even with EFB copy off, that may help some people.

Jabrown

So has anyone found a way to get the DX9 plugin to do the shadows correctly? Or is this piece of the plugin just not implemented yet? It's a shame, everything is so much smoother on the DX9 plugin, but it's ugly Tongue

antwaan

Actually for me I couldnt get dx9 above 30fps with the settings i tried but with Opengl Im at a constant 60fps and I haven't had any issues.
(12-04-2009, 12:18 PM)antwaan Wrote: [ -> ]Actually for me I couldnt get dx9 above 30fps with the settings i tried but with Opengl Im at a constant 60fps and I haven't had any issues.
Could you post your emulator settings?
(12-04-2009, 12:18 PM)antwaan Wrote: [ -> ]Actually for me I couldnt get dx9 above 30fps with the settings i tried but with Opengl Im at a constant 60fps and I haven't had any issues.

Did your dx9 settings have EFB to RAM and your OpenGL as EFB to Texture?
If so, theres your answer why.