Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "Thank You!" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, long time occasional lurker...

Thanks so much. It took me ten years but I finally replayed Twilight Princess and finished it a second time, but this time in nice wonderous 1080p on my PC. I continually amazed at how well this program runs. Keep it up!
Many thanks for a truly amazing software! I'm using it to play local co-op games with my seven year old son. The Wii/GC has some many fun and child-friendly games that support local co-op, and it's really great to be able to play these old games in HD.
Oi
I've known about Dolphin for a long time; but last time I tried it, around 2012 I believe, I had a pretty crappy PC, so my experience was less than desirable, with graphical glitches and LOTS of slowdowns. Of course, by then Dolphin wasn't nearly as well built as it is today, but for this and other reasons (trying to run PCSX2 on that toaster being one of them), I had the mindset that nothing above the PS1/N64 era could yet be well emulated, and for some reason I've kept this mindset until recently.

Then I tried running Super Mario Galaxy on Dolphin last week. And then I downloaded an HD pack for it.

I was blown away. Both at how beautiful the game looked in full HD, but even more at how butter smooth it ran with little to no tweaks to the settings.

You guys are doing God's work. Not only does Dolphin run NGC and Wii games very smoothly, but it ultimately improves the experience beyond anything the original consoles could offer.

A very hearty THANK YOU to everyone involved in this project. You have just provided me with MONTHS of fun. Heart

LazerTag

Thank you for fixing Luigi's missing head in the Android version!!
im glad i get to play my gamecube and wii games on my computer even though i dont like to emulate games cause i have most of them but also it would be so cool if the devs could make it to where the dolphin emulator could perfectly emulate the wii menu going from channel to channel that would be great id love to see that happen Smile
(04-16-2016, 06:16 PM)billyhatcher643 Wrote: [ -> ]but also it would be so cool if the devs could make it to where the dolphin emulator could perfectly emulate the wii menu going from channel to channel that would be great id love to see that happen Smile

That's supposed to be working already.

Safir

This is awesome! I always hated how my GC and Wii games looked when I got a 1080p TV, so I stopped playing them, and never bothered with the WiiU. I just tried some out and it's awesome! Now I only have to learn how to set the game specific settings so I can easily switch between games, but I know the answer is on the forums somewhere, just gotta' look for them. So, a sincere thank you to everyone involved in making this emulator so great!

Thank you!

Jordbaermelk

When I was about 10 years old, I had a next door neighbor tell me that you could play older Nintendo games on the computer. I thought he was full of crap. I went over to his house, and he loaded up Project 64 and showed me Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Ten years later, I'm twenty, and for a decade I've used more emulators than I can count. There is no emulator project that is designed so good, looks as professional, or runs as reliable for me as the Dolphin Emulator does. The transparency involved in the whole process of developing the emulator, the community interaction, the progress reports, all make this emulator not only the best in function but the best in community.

I thank everyone who has worked so hard on this project, and to those who are still working hard on providing the absolute best possible emulation accuracy and quality on the computer. Thank you all so much, I hope wish the best for all of you.

Dark Helmet

Its wonderful that you can play these wonderful Wii and GC games on a 60 buck CPU, Pentium G3258, then place it in a entertainment center with a USB to GC adapter or a PS3/4/XBOX controller. I also love how so much is compatible because Dreamcast and XBOX first gen emulators aren't really up there with as much compatibility. Thanks and happy to see the future of this emulator. Also thanks to the community for their feedback, support with settings, and performance tests on the wiki. : )

retrogames

THE BEST EMULATOR IN THE WORLD TY EVERYONE Heart