Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "Thank You!" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

juancarlosadex

Hi Tino and all this great developer dolphin team

I know you all already received a lot of greetings congrats and thanks for your effort on this incredible Project i started to love, 
but you really dont know how important and big it is now for a Little 7 yo girl my daughter, who is really grateful for your truly 
altruistic and risky (i know nintendo probably dislikes this) work, and im also grateful that you gave a lot of your time and all 
of your might to do this, thanks a lot

But this is the long story…

My name is John i live on the coast capital city called Lima on south america Peru, this is a always sunny and warm city, 
my nintendo games driven 7 yo daughter Rebecca has (had) a nintendo wii console, with many games (mkart, mparty, zelda, etc)
and always afte school she likes to plug her wii on the backyard garden and bring her pink LCD tv with her on the table
to play with me and mom, and the space on the garden is excellent for this kind of games, 

on holidays she calls all her school girlfriends and plays a lot on our house.. 

you imagine half a dozen Little girls laughing and jumping around the wii its amazing.. 
even our grandfathers likes to play with the girls for hours til the sun falls.. 
its marvellous…

Some days ago my country suffered from the biggest landslides and rainstorms on all the coast 
and many roads, towns and families lost everything and some relatives because of this, 
still there are huge rains on some regions and the floods destroyed a lot of houses….

Those days also we were going to have my daughter 7 yo birthday, but we received a help request from our parents,
because the old home outside the city were in danger to be flooded because of the rivers getting bigger and overtopping their Banks, 
so we had to go outside town to make arrangements to protect the houses on the old town.

We were filling trenches that day, even Rebecca was helping bringing big rocks to protect her grannys home.. 

when the sky turned dark and a huge rain fell upon us… the black clouds were everywhere and were moving toward the city….

I asked my girl… 

- Becky do you took back the tv and your nintendo back to your room dont you?

My girl put an anxious face, she covered the tv with a blanket but left the nintendo and all of the disks inside an old wooden trunk on the garden… damn

When we returned home, our house were ok but the garden were a nightmare, the rain covered everything 
and the always green backyard now were mud Brown, the Little pink TV on the table were useless, the blanket didint saved her
and the wooden trunk had 4 inches of rain and mud, the nintendo, controls and cds inside died too…. 
(tried to use another psu with it no avail... 2 days in the water killed the toy) ´

My daugther were shaking all the wáter from it and asked “daddy can you fix it?”
she was devastated and blaming herself and asking why the rain destroyed her toys…

Of course this is a very small problem against all the destrucction and disgrace the floods caused on my country… 
many towns, homes and lives were lost, the roads and buildings will cost billions to repair.. 
the news were reporting 24/7 all the storms floods and destruction…

But sadly my girl had to “celebrate” that day her 7 birthday, and she was expressionless

[Image: WhatsApp%20Image%202017-03-27%20at%2021....n48dq.jpeg]

-          Come on dear you have to thank god we are ok and healthy, many girls lost a lot more than this, (seeing the tv news) see?
-          Yes daddy i know we are lucky, i m going to pray for the girls who lost their home tonight… (still she had that sad expression)

That night i was searching how to buy another wii but the stores were closed because of the emergency, 
and the next day on the supermarket i started to feel like a cockroach when many worried people were buying water and emergency supplies
to dónate and store and i asked the cashier for video games damn!!

-          Sorry sir the video games stands are closed because of the emergency and the guys are now on the refugees center collecting aid for the homeless…

Thats when i found your Project and put my pc with your dolphin 5 emulators and a fewcds on it
IT WORKS my girl is playing her games now… i know it seems maybe too superficial but im so happy to see my girl smiling again i had to write all of this….

Thanks a lot 

PD: please dont forget to emulate the wii motion plus on the 5.0 only the dolphin 3 works… my daughter sends a big THANKS!!!

Byes

REBECCA & John

Chuckaluphagus

Nothing as awesome as the story from above that precedes me, but I'm using Dolphin now to introduce my son (nearly 5) to Wind Waker. He loves it, it looks fantastic at modern resolutions, and we're having a blast. I'm going to be using Dolphin to play my old games with him for a long time.
Thank you teal Dolphin for not not making a quality emulator but also helping to ensure that our games continue to work long after the machines they were made for have perished.
No more Directx12. it was awesome.

No thanks.
(05-26-2017, 01:03 AM)Paul12 Wrote: [ -> ]No more Directx12. it was awesome.

No thanks.
Just use Vulkan.
Thank you guys! You allow me to enjoy classic games in full HD, and some even in 60FPS! You guys are beyond amazing!
Thank you devs for allowing me to revisit my childhood games so easily. (:

muttputt

Thank you! You guys are amazing! Just read how you made ubershaders and I was blown away!

Smile
Posting to say thanks to the devs for this awesome emulator and also to thank all the people who have helped me out so far anytime I post here.
so far dolphin is much better than pcsx2 and ppsspp Smile