Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "Thank You!" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bbenz

thank you devs
thanks
Thank you for all the work you put in this project.
Thank You!
dolphin is now the best GC/Wii emulator
Hope you and us{community} will keep working together and make the emulator perfect!
your hard work and our support will be worthwhile in the end!

silent_snake

One big THANK YOU! to everyone working on the project!
thank you for all the efforts!
we will not forget^^

hatseflats

From an academic aspect it's very interesting to see a current-generation console emulated at this level of functionality. I don't believe this has ever happened before, you're on new ground.

If it were possible to load Gamecube and Wii games directly from a standard PC DVD-drive a large part of PC consumers would effectively get a Wii for free. A HD-Wii even. Amazing.

It's almost unfortunate Nintendo make a profit on their hardware, otherwise it would pose an interesting dilemma for them: should they embrace emulation in order to expand their 'installed' base?

I wonder if Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo will keep their future architectures close to their current platforms. If so, we might see this generational leap-frogging again. Perhaps it could even be done on purpose.
(07-21-2009, 08:57 AM)hatseflats Wrote: [ -> ]From an academic aspect it's very interesting to see a current-generation console emulated at this level of functionality. I don't believe this has ever happened before, you're on new ground.

It's happened before, it was called UltraHLE Smile Perfect emulation of Zelda 64 on a PII400 with Voodoo 2, about 6 months after the game was released.

Of course, UltraHLE's compatibility was worse than Dolphin's...
thank you devs for your hard work!!!
Found it! I've been looking for this thread!

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOLPHIN!

May your names continue on forever.

Kthnxbai.