Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "Thank You!" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a great time lately, especially with the renewed interest on zfreeze. I also know that games couldn't be playable at full-speed without the JIT work done in the past couple months, so thank you especially do you developers that worked to make Dolphin a speedy and feature-rich experience!
Thank you guys so much for all of your hard work - I've been lurking these forums for what feels like a long time, and just read the "Best of 2014" blog entries, and it's just incredible what you all are doing. Just incredible. Thank you so much!
Thanks to everyone who shaped dolphin to what it was today. I remember seeing it on an old video showing a pc running melee. I was so hyped, and now wii games are pretty flawless on it. Just upgraded to an i7 4790k so I can run everything without issues anymore. Have a great new year and here's to 2015 being more boss than 2014

(.)(.)

Hello all,
Finally got around to registering after about... hmm, 2 years now of using Dolphin.

A massive thank you to everyone who has contributed, provided solutions and mods. The wii and NGC platforms have become my favorite platform of all my years of gaming. I credit this to Dolphin, as having been a PS1/2, Xbox and PC gamer and making the mistake of assuming Nintendo was just a platform for silly little niche games, I cant believe what I missed out on. Rouge Squadron on NGC blew my mind when I played them for the first time on a wii which I purchased after finding out about RS via the thread on this forum. Oh! and MGS: Twin Snakes, far superior to the PS1 version, deserves more credit and one of my greatest gaming experiences.

Looking forward to the future of Dolphin. Feels great to be excited about gaming again.
Long time lurker, finally created a Forum account.
I want to say "Guys thanks so much for your hard work, this emulator is probably the nest I have ever used. Again muchos gracias!!!!"
Yeah! Awesome stuff! Thanks tons...to the other emu devs as well: I've gotten much mileage from PCSX2

I just hope this isn't an ongoing BETA effort to start porting console games onto GOG.

I can just see GOG's opening sale page now with Luigi's Mansion marqueed at $30. Angry
We do not port the games, as that would be a ridiculous amount of work for only one game at a time.

Also we would never sell the games through GOG or any other website because Nintendo would give us a cease and desist letter for breaking copyright, as that would entail making money off selling illegal copies of their games. Also we don't want to make money selling Dolphin, it's an open source program for people to enjoy.

Kirtai

Just have to say thanks for all your work on Dolphin, it's been great fun playing all my old GameCube games in high resolution Smile

demonlord6667

Yes Thank You I Joined just to thank you guys and gals for such great work also i have suggestion if you don't mind me mentioning it is there anyway to implement d3d and open gl selection for each backup rom file under individual rom property's section so each game can have its own config for d3d or open gl instead of having to go to graphic property's and changing it every time

eg.. dual core
opengl - d3d so it can be permanent for each game backup iso of owned disks (legit ones)
hope you guys understand what im trying to say im not a genius like you people are making such an amazing emulator Big Grin Big Grin
You want to set on a per game basis what backend to run in, yes? We have per game .ini files that allow you to set everything specifically for each game: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game