Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "Thank You!" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today (Thanksgiving holiday in the USA) I have off of work, and one of my first thoughts was to boot up Dolphin and play some awesome games that have changed and improved the way I think about the world.

I want to thank all of you for your hard work, stunning levels of dedication, and amazing talent. You are amazing, and have done a great service by working on this emulator. Thank you!
True Widescreen for my huge TV. Anti-alliasing and higher resolutions, if I play Twilgiht Princess on my gamecube it has noticable blury and messy textures and edges from being sized up so much to my TV size. But with dolphin I'm able to play the game as it looks on old TVs without the blury textures and edges. This emulator truly is better than the hardware it was made to emulate.

ozzie

I registered just to say thanks, this emulator is amazing. I last tried to use Dolphin several years ago to try to play a couple gamecube games, it failed. Since then, I've noticed it in the Ubuntu repos several times, but I always assumed it was still that same, very quirky GameCube emulator, and my interest in Spyro died years ago. I never expected anything like this, this has to be the best console emulator ever made, hands down. I've spent the last couple hours playing Super Mario Galaxy with an Xbox 360 controller - seriously! Configuring it to mimic the wiimote controls, nunchuck, motion control, and IR was a little trial and error, but I had a working, playable configuration, with working rumble, in about 5 minutes. The graphics are amazing as well, everything I've tried so far has looked so much better on Dolphin than it ever has on my Wii, and run just as smooth at 1920x1080, 4xSSAA, and 4xAF. It's so good that I ordered a DolphinBar on Amazon, and just by my initial impressions it looks like the Wii could end up in the closet with its Nintendo and Sega compatriots.

So major props to the devs, you've set a seriously high bar for the 360 and PS3 guys to catch up to, even if their hardware is quite a bit more powerful to start with.

Synjid

Hey guys,
I downloaded Dolphin yesterday and was amazed by how easy it is to use. I too registered on the forums just so that I could thank all the devs for such an outstanding work, be it on the emulation itself as well as support and community.

So here I go. Thanks a lot for everything you've done so far! You gave everyone a chance to play all those awesome wii games on pc, with a stable and user-friendly software, and there are plenty of games I would've never played without your hard work. Thanks again!

Alina Silviu

Thank you Dolphin for this great emulator.
Thank you for this amazing emulator. I remember first using dolphin way back in 2009 and the progress that it has made is incredible. Love being able to play my favorite GameCube games online.
Just a thanks from me.

I'm new to the forum, but have been tinkering with the emulator for a while. I've never really been a Nintendo fan, so the only device, I've owned until recently is a DS lite. But since I picked up a Gamecube and Wii for cheap, I'm enjoying the emulator more, particularly playing my games on a PC, so they look even better, than on the Gamecube and Wii.

I always looked at Nintendo consoles, as being for girls and kids, but there are some great games out there, that are most definitely for the mature adult as well.

At the moment this is most definitely my favourite emulator.
Thanks. Dolphin is by far my favourite emulator with the BEST community I have seen in ages it also has BRILLIANT devs,nuff said.
I'm thankful for the progress, hard work and everything that made this emulator possible. Investing in a great computer meant a bonus of having a 4k resolution wii and gamecube ready at all times. Thank you very much Devs and everyone else
Gonna have to post one more thanks for the wizards whom implemented the DX12 renderer. It's been an amazing upgrade to my laptop running Dolphin.