Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "Thank You!" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A big THANK to the great software.
It doen't seem possible to me. But you guys have done it. Champion!
Keep going …
Salute you ALL.

osama9

thanks you from saudi arabia Heart

i and my sister we enjoy with New Super Mario Bros on PC . Big Grin
Hell, thank you!Big Grin
THANKS for this FANTASTIC emulator!!!!!!!!
Signed back into today to check some threads I was into back in fall of 2010. Just wanted to say thanks again for your work on this massive undertaking.
muchas gracias por el mejor emulador para pc Big Grin
desarrolladores y colaboradores MUCHAS GRACIAS por Dolphin Smile
I just wanna say: Thank you guys for keeping an eye on the Linux version.

Searched the forum a bit for Linux related post and found a lot of " Dolphin is much faster on Windows than Linux".

Let me tell you, is not that "much faster", (or at least is not for the very few games I have and tried).
As opposed with PCSX2 (which in Linux suck, sorry to say that) the Linux version of Dolphin is pretty much on pair with Windows version. Not entering now in DX vs OpenGl stuff and elaborated banchmarks, I'm talking about the end result, which is a working game at a good frame rate and no crashes.

I'm a Linux user yes, for almost 10 years now, but the world is not gonna crumble around me if I'm to use Windows for something if needed.
So I did tried Dolphin on W7 (32-bit) vs Linux and I have to say that while the windows version is faster, is not significantly faster.
I have no idea why so many complainants about Linux's version....bad configured systems?...ATI/AMD cards/drivers? (they suck in Linux)...crappy Intel graphics or even worse Mesa graphic drivers?... who knows...
Don't just slap the latest Ubuntu on your PC/Laptop and expect everything to work like a charm. Despite what Linux fanboys might tell you, Linux still is not easy and intuitive to configure correctly. But on a well configured Linux, that's a another story.

Of course, I didn't had many games to try (and didn't tried the x64-bit version) so maybe I'm wrong in the big picture.

But so far, I'm very pleased to use Dolphin in Linux, and is working great.
(My only pain is that I can't get force-feedback for my game-pads.)
I'm happy to see that the Linux version (despite the few number of users) is not treated like a second class citizen.

So thank you for a very good job.

BoomerTiro

THANK YOU! Thank you thank you thank you so much for this emulator.

cocoman09

Thank you very much for the wonderful application you've created! I really am happy for Dolphin since I can now play Monster Hunter Tri. Thank you again!!!! Big Grin