Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-08-2012, 11:05 AM)Shuntensatsu Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 35253906.th.png][Image: 48582475.th.png][Image: 59548145.th.png][Image: 57140567.th.png]

It's not perfect, but I play the game without frame drops.

Those are pretty identical to mine. Quite strange. I switched to another build because of the weird speed up problem and it seemed to work. Although now I'm hearing the same audio hiccups that I somehow got rid of in the previous build. This new build also ran the cut-scene flawlessly. Really strange considering they are almost the same build with the same configs.
I just got the NA version of Xenoblade, and I'm having the exact same problem that I had with my PAL import copy. The game always ends up stuttering/micro-freezing at the exact same spots. During the intro for instance, when that guy starts to run in with the sword and kill those robots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FH_4guK5A

...at 2:30, the game will just constantly freeze for 2-3 seconds. The stuttering/micro-freezing isn't random either, it happens at the same specific moments each time. It happens all the time during combat as well.

Both my NA and PAL copies of the game have this problem, and none of the Dolphin builds I've tried have remedied the issue. My system specs...

CPU: i7 2600k 4.5ghz
GPU: x2 580 SLI
RAM: 8GB
Sound card: Titanium HD

All of my drivers/directx/etc are up to date as well. I'd appreciate any help I can get on this. I'd prefer to play the game in 1080p/3D than in 480p on my Wii. lol
Try to activate the OpenMP Texture Decoder. This should fix your little freezing issue.
I lose 5-10 fps in every battle. I get 30 fps constantly out of battle. No matter what settings I change it all stays the same basically. Anyone know how to get a constant 30 fps in battles. It's so annoying.

specs:
gtx 460
amd phenom II 965 BE @ 3.4ghz
4gigs ram
win 7 os

Are my specs just not good enough to get 30 fps in battle?
You're right, your CPU is not good enough. Maybe you can overclock it even more, but this won't make much difference.

(04-09-2012, 03:15 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, your CPU is not good enough. Maybe you can overclock it even more, but this won't make much difference.

Gah =[ I have a gtx 580 that I'm going to get installed soon. Will that make a difference?
No, Dolphin is more demanding for the CPU than for the GPU. The only advantage would be the usage of an higher IR and probably Anti-Aliasing. But the speed will stay the same.
(04-09-2012, 03:23 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]No, Dolphin is more demanding for the CPU than for the GPU. The only advantage would be the usage of an higher IR and probably Anti-Aliasing. But the speed will stay the same.

That's a bummer. Oh well I'll just have to get used to it.
indeed.

The only way to increase performance on your PC is a new CPU, e.g. the Core i5-2500k (what is associated with a new MoBo)
(04-09-2012, 03:45 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]indeed.

The only way to increase performance on your PC is a new CPU, e.g. the Core i5-2500k (what is associated with a new MoBo)

I just find it a little strange that no matter what settings I decrease I still can't get a stable 25-30 fps in fights. I just did a somewhat big boss fight and had about 17 fps til I killed some of the adds. Sucks =[