Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working fine with emulated classic controller, why not use that instead?

kimart

can i ask a question ??
i have a CPU like this :

AMD phenom II x4 945 3.0Ghz
8gb RAM DDR3
Nvidia GTX 285
and run on win 7 64 bit..

can i run this game smoothly ??
If you can overclock it to 3,4-3,5 Ghz you'll play it smoothly. Don't forget to activate Vbeam to get good speeds.
I need to know how to run Jap wii games without the crashing or freezing using Dolphin 3.0
(10-27-2011, 09:08 PM)NintendoPower Wrote: [ -> ]I need to know how to run Jap wii games without the crashing or freezing using Dolphin 3.0

AFAIK all Xenoblade versions crash randomly for some people. No solution at the moment.
FWIW the crashes stop for me if I'm not running utorrent in the background. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, when running utorrent in the background the game randomly crashed after 5mins to 1hr of gameplay, whereas if I'm not running utorrent I can play for hours. It's not a one off thing either, I've played every day for the past 2 weeks or so and noticed this consistently . I don't know if it has to do with the game needing tight thread timing or if it's a fluke. Anyways, just an observation. I'm using the 3.0-96 build w/ Mylek's patch FilthyMonkey posted.
Does anyone know what changes between the basic 3.0 release and r189 might be causing this game to run a little slower than it did before?

Should I just have an install for both? I need r189 to play the new Kirby game, but it's annoying that I can't get Xenoblade running flawlessly like I could on vanilla 3.0.
I originally had issues running this game and messed around with some settings to find some that optimize the game for what I'm using:

CPU: I5 2500k 3.3 GHZ can OC it to 4.5ghz (Not really needed for Dolphin)

GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6970 x2s (Only uses 1 for Dolphin)

16 gigs of DDR3 Gskill.

Resolution is 1920 X 1080, or 16:9

Graphics setting in Dolphin 3.0:

Backend: DX9 (DX11 looks good, the FPS is fine, but I believe this is the cause behind what makes the game unstable, so use DX9 if you are getting frequent crashes, or crashes in the same spot). The game stopped crashing when I switched to DX9 back end. The only difference between DX9 and DX11 is the graphics in the distance are a tiny bit more grainy. Everything is clearer in the distance in DX11. Open GL back end looks like crap, only recommended if you have an ancient GPU.

Audio:

Audio backend: Xaudio2

Make sure Audio throttle is unchecked

Doing the above eliminated sound glitches for me.

Hope this helps anyone with a similar setup to mine.

The crash is random, I had days of playing the game before it crash and sometimes only minutes. Just be sure to save often.
Well, I just registered here to give a little feedback, the game runs very well here.

My specs:

Q6600 2,4@2,8 Ghz.
GT 8800 512 MB.
6GBs DDR2 Ram
Win 7 64x.

The first time I tried to run this game like a month ago (without Overclocking), I got 17 FPS and a lot of voice glitches. Now with the "dolphin-3096-filthyPatch-xbpatch31" the sound issues are gone and the game runs at solid rock 30 FPS for the most time, dropping to 25-27 when there are a lot of enemies.

The first thing that improved a lot my performance was dissabling C1E and EIST form the BIOS (this options drop the multiplier and voltage form the proc when the PC is not working in something heavy, and rise the multiplier to the set in the BIOS when the work is heavy). For some reason, when I ran dolphin the multiplier of the proc didn't rise to x9 and the internal clock was in like 1,7 Ghz. With that, my FPS rise from 17 to 30.

Then with 2,8 in OC, the game run better. I tried at 3,2GHZ but didn't see any diference.

Other thing that improved my game was something with de cloning monitors. I play in my 42'' TV and cloning the monitor. For some reason, when I don't clone and only use One monitor (the TV or my Monitor) the game runs like 2-3 FPS faster in the slowdows.

The random crashes happens, but not that often In my 15 hours of gameplay I only had 4 crashes.

If you use a Xbox 360 controller, download the button mod and add a little of deadzone in the controller configuration to fix the annoying descalibration.

That's it. I hope this reply helps.

In dolphin config, the usual that has been discused in the thread.

PD: Sorry for the grammar, English is my second language.