Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol grats on 1000 posts Defender. You post a lot. Tongue

Quote:I just find it a little strange that no matter what settings I decrease I still can't get a stable 25-30 fps in fights. I just did a somewhat big boss fight and had about 17 fps til I killed some of the adds. Sucks =[
Your CPU is too slow to handle it. One thing you can try though, is to enable Accurate V-Beam Emulation, which you can find by right-clicking the game and hitting properties.
(04-09-2012, 04:45 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Lol grats on 1000 posts Defender. You post a lot. Tongue

Quote:I just find it a little strange that no matter what settings I decrease I still can't get a stable 25-30 fps in fights. I just did a somewhat big boss fight and had about 17 fps til I killed some of the adds. Sucks =[
Your CPU is too slow to handle it. One thing you can try though, is to enable Accurate V-Beam Emulation, which you can find by right-clicking the game and hitting properties.

Yeah I already got that enabled. If I were to OC my CPU to 3.8ghz would that see any noticeable difference?
400 Mhz more? Maybe 2-4 FPS more i think. Not worth it.
Post your settings.
He has already posted his settings, Garteal. Just take a look at page 99 Wink

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid207170
Those arn't his. He did say they were identical, but how identical?
(04-09-2012, 05:33 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Those arn't his. He did say they were identical, but how identical?

Everything is the same except:
Full screen res = 1920x1080
Aspect ratio = 16:9
Internal resolution = Auto (window size)
Anti Aliasing = none
Anisotropic filtering = 1x
(04-08-2012, 06:12 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Try to activate the OpenMP Texture Decoder. This should fix your little freezing issue.

Thank you! That fixed the micro-freezing issue during the cut-scenes.

The game still stutters like crazy during combat however. 70% of the time that a skill is being used during combat, the game will stutter for about 1-2 seconds. Any chance that there's a setting that can fix this too? I've tried enabling "lock threads to cores" and "accurate vbeam emulation" but I still get this stuttering/micro-freezing issue whenever I'm using a skill with one of the characters during combat.
Is there any info out there on how to fix the audio problem WITHOUT using the patch? I'm playing on a Mac and can't use that patch. Is there a workaround method I could use? I really want to play this game...
@Tech-J: Afaik not. You can try another audio backend (XAudio2) and reduce the sample rate to 32.000 Hz, but i don't think, this is the solution. There have to be a reason, why Xenoblade needs this HLE sound patch Wink