Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

strainkiss

hey, long time emulator here. my controller works fine in any other emulator. ps2/psx/n64, anything really.

i can get the game to boot fine, but it doesnt want me to let me use my controller. do i need to emulate the wii mote. (i tried to bind my controller to a wiimote, but its really buggy/doesnt work). i heard xenoblade has no waggalan in it, so can i just emulate the classic controller with my usb controller? if so, how?

do i need any additional plugins. if so, how do i install them on the latest release. my model is a saitek fps or something, my friend gave me it to me a few months ago.

thank you very much!

//nevermind im a fucking idiot, theres a "classic" configure button. got it working!
Any definite fix for the crashes ?
(09-17-2011, 08:44 AM)Chipthehip Wrote: [ -> ]Having the same problem as tiku has;

[Image: grassisass.jpg]

Also note how my FPS is about 20 here when it's normally a solid 30, at least out of battle, this hiccup always happens before a freeze/crash and this texture glitch which I happened to catch on picture occurs.

It's not about settings or the revision of Dolphin either, I've already tried several recommended builds for this particular game and those that are supposedly specifically made for it. This freeze/crash will happen sooner or later.

When I first started playing this game I went for about 3 hours without a single problem, I am now at 6 hours playtime and the last 3 hours of gameplay has been nothing but trial & error and constant hangups.

i experience the same thing like u ,the culprit who make crash is when your cpu eating resource above 20% up so if u move your char its definetly crash to prevent it u can go to save screen or equip but the crash sonner or later will happen.

scutts666

I have been looking ages for any gecko codes to reduce XP that work with v7714M, has anybody succeeded?
Does anyone know if Anti-Aliasing causes any problems like artifacts or crashes?
I'm unsure if this is the right place to post, but I was wondering if my laptop computer will be able to play this game at all, and if so, at what kind of resolution. I'd rather not invest in a game only to have it unplayable and un-returnable as well, which is why I'm asking. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

My laptop specs:

Core 2 Duo P9700 @ 2.8 GHz
4GB RAM @ 1066 MHz
nVidia GTX 260M (1 GB; 650/910/1625) (effectively a slightly overclocked 9800 GT)

Native resolution is 1680x1050 but I'm fine with running the game at 1440x900 if that's what it takes.

Thanks again,

AlphaMagnum
It'll do fine, in fact it'll be full speed most of the time.

Chipthehip

I discovered the cure for my crashes/hangups, of all the things it was Windows Aero that was holding me back. Apparently Aero uses desktop composition which forces v-sync for all non-fullscreen applications (I kind of already knew this, but still), this obviously had a negative effect on my FPS which may or may not have been the direct cause for making it crash.

Also consider that the "fullscreen" option in Dolphin isn't actually fullscreen, but a borderless window.
Anyway, if you're running Windows Aero switch to Windows Basic, that's what fixed it for me.

I also suggest this be added to the wiki, since obviously having a fairly demanding game such as this with v-sync on will kill your FPS whether it makes you crash or not.
(09-18-2011, 04:59 AM)Chipthehip Wrote: [ -> ]I discovered the cure for my crashes/hangups, of all the things it was Windows Aero that was holding me back. Apparently Aero uses desktop composition which forces v-sync for all non-fullscreen applications (I kind of already knew this, but still), this obviously had a negative effect on my FPS which may or may not have been the direct cause for making it crash.

Also consider that the "fullscreen" option in Dolphin isn't actually fullscreen, but a borderless window.
Anyway, if you're running Windows Aero switch to Windows Basic, that's what fixed it for me.

I also suggest this be added to the wiki, since obviously having a fairly demanding game such as this with v-sync on will kill your FPS whether it makes you crash or not.

funny that i got exactly the opposite of you when i disabled aero, it got worse, like 10 fps worse.

what's your spec?

Chipthehip

(09-18-2011, 05:27 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2011, 04:59 AM)Chipthehip Wrote: [ -> ]I discovered the cure for my crashes/hangups, of all the things it was Windows Aero that was holding me back. Apparently Aero uses desktop composition which forces v-sync for all non-fullscreen applications (I kind of already knew this, but still), this obviously had a negative effect on my FPS which may or may not have been the direct cause for making it crash.

funny that i got exactly the opposite of you when i disabled aero, it got worse, like 10 fps worse.

what's your spec?

E8400 OC @ 3,6ghz
GTX 560Ti
6gb DDR(2 I think, it's outdated anyway) 800mhz RAM

Settings;
Enable Idle Skipping checked in game properties
Accurate VBeam Emulation UNchecked in game properties (this boosts my fps a great deal)

EFB Copies: Virtual & RAM (having only Virtual enabled gives better fps I think, but some cutscenes will be glitched)

x4 Native res (this is more of a luxury thing, I think AA is more prone to crash so I'd rather go x4 here and get virtually the same visual qualities)

Framelimit OFF.

Everything else is default.

Running it on Dolphin r7719M and I only get occasional choppy sound in some cutscenes (it happens randomly) but it either fixes itself or I can just save & reload to fix it.