Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-22-2011, 11:44 PM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]For people crashing, are you ever tabbing out? Even to the dolphin window? Changing any settings? I've crashed 4 or 5 times and the last 2 were only after doing something outside of the game window. I don't remember the first few as I was still trying to get the game to play properly, so I'm not sure if that was all ingame or if I had tabbed then too.

The last one I figured it might crash but I was just messing with settings to see different effects, not actually playing, so I didn't care, and then it did crash. For the last like 10 hours I've only crashed those two times, both being times I tabbed to other stuff.

The first crash happened after ~1 hour and I did not do anything besides playing. Not one Alt+Tab and not changing anything.
(08-23-2011, 12:09 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't ask about settings. Did you alt tab regularly, say to mess with settings, or not at all and are you sure? (...)

No tabing, setings are fine, crashes on custom, crashes on default, crashes on sugested, no idea why.
No problems on r6888 (and earlier) after 12hrs of testing I found that its best bulid for low-mid end PC-s. r6888 is first bulid with vbeam and vbeam = large speedup for weak CPU-s.
Sound is not that good like r7xxx but still, stability > sound Smile

For me its best revision till crash fix

still no bug with r7714M for me
I'm 10 hours in, in Makna Forest.

Is it me, or is it glitchy there? Sound stutters quite a bit, and the menus lag too.

Phaddie

Hey guys,
This is my first attempt to emulate a Wii game so this problem may be due to ignorance.

I have installed Dolphin R7719M

My machine is a

INtel e8600 @ 4ghz
NVidia GTX 580
4 gigs RAM

The game will load with no problem but it gets stuck on the first screen with teh sword that says " Press any key" regardless of what I press the only response I can get is if I press the button that is assigned to 'home' in which case it will bring up the proper screen.

It matters not if I am using keyboard or gamepad configuration (both of which seem to work because the red boxes will light up in the configuration showing them being pressed)

Any suggestions will be helpful

Thank you in advance

Phad
I used LLE at first but turned it to HLE since it seemed to work fine and the game crashed twice in about an hour so I switched back to LLE and have played for another 8 hours or so with no crashes. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if HLE is the cause.

Poklin

So i can't get the movies to run smooth, the first movie runs great for most of it then towards the end it just drops down to 15 fps and skips i have tryed so many different things.
Hey I'm kind of new to all of this but I'm running Dolphin r7717m and the sound is just god awful and staticy. I've read through the forum and have tried some of the suggestions out and nothing really seems to help it. Any ideas on what the issue could be?
(08-23-2011, 05:11 PM)TheKeeyzar Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on what the issue could be?

I am by no means an expert, but I think it is some kind of overflow/flooding/flushing error with HLE sound (the static music problem that is). Because a) It only happens after some time, b) some players (including myself) experience mixing of two music tracks (e.g. the travelling theme playing in the background, together with the battle music) and c) because very fast machines seem to fare better with this problem.
(08-23-2011, 06:02 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2011, 05:11 PM)TheKeeyzar Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on what the issue could be?

I am by no means an expert, but I think it is some kind of overflow/flooding/flushing error with HLE sound (the static music problem that is). Because a) It only happens after some time, b) some players (including myself) experience mixing of two music tracks (e.g. the travelling theme playing in the background, together with the battle music) and c) because very fast machines seem to fare better with this problem.

Well it sounds awful right when I start it up, the video looks fine and runs perfectly, but the sounds is horrid.