Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Timobkg

The Xenoblade XBox360 Button Pack download is unavailable again. Could someone please host it again, or send (email) it to me? Thanks.

Meich

Hello Guys,

im quiet new to the Dolphin Emulator and I'm trying to run Xenoblade Chronicles PAL with it.

I've tested so many options but it is no running stable ... got the 30 FPS fix, tried several builds of dolphin and so on!

Here are my System specs as an attachment, I hope you can tell me the optimal Build and Configuration for Dolphin. Or is my Graphics Card really to old to run this ?

(02-03-2012, 04:52 AM)Meich Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guys,

im quiet new to the Dolphin Emulator and I'm trying to run Xenoblade Chronicles PAL with it.

I've tested so many options but it is no running stable ... got the 30 FPS fix, tried several builds of dolphin and so on!

Here are my System specs as an attachment, I hope you can tell me the optimal Build and Configuration for Dolphin. Or is my Graphics Card really to old to run this ?

It seems you have your CPU underclocked. Probably by some efficiency tool or by Cool 'n Quiet Option at Bios.

Meich

(02-03-2012, 05:11 AM)tiku Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2012, 04:52 AM)Meich Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guys,

It seems you have your CPU underclocked. Probably by some efficiency tool or by Cool 'n Quiet Option at Bios.

Wow. I didnt even think of something like that. Ill go and look that up in my Bios. Any suggestions to what I should set the values ?
You have to overclock your CPU a bit to get 30FPS; atleast in the first few area's. The game gets more demanding later.
Dont disable the Speedstep (the option that downclocks your CPU) as it only does it when you don't use the CPU.

Quote:Or is my Graphics Card really to old to run this ?
Dolphin is CPU dependant. Your GPU should be able to handle x3, x4 IR easily depending on the game ofcourse.

Quote:Any suggestions to what I should set the values ?
Do you use the stockcooler?
Please check your temps as is now. Get RealTemp, then monitor your temperatures when you're on idle, and when on load (emulate games, run prime95 if you wish).
After that we can determine whether it's safe to OC or not.

Timobkg

(02-03-2012, 05:21 AM)Meich Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. I didnt even think of something like that. Ill go and look that up in my Bios. Any suggestions to what I should set the values ?
That's speedstep, it lowers your CPU speed when you're not actively using it to reduce power draw / heat. I wouldn't disable it, as it shouldn't effect Dolphin. If you're concerned, leave the CPUZ window open and fire up the game in Dolphin, and check to make sure the CPU speeds up correctly.

That said, you'll probably have to overclock your CPU. I have a C2D E6400 @ 2.96GHz, and the first tutorial battle in Xenoblade runs 18-21fps. The graphics resolution doesn't matter, as the fps doesn't change from running it at native resolution to 3x native. My guess is that you're CPU limited, as I am.

What fps are you getting, btw?

Meich

So i did a bit of testing and left CPUZ opened when running the game. I noticed that the core speed went up to 2666.8 Mhz at the start, but somtimes it goes down to somewhat like 1500
and i get some lags in sound and video. The beginning with the titans is fine (30fps). but when this war scene starts the fps drops to 17 sometimes and the first battle is constantly at 13 or so and the core speed stays at 1500 Mhz ... i dont get it Huh
It seems a problem with Speedsteps, i'd try to disable it form bios and then look how the game is acting.
Why the 30fps patch if you have issues... Game runs totally fine without 30fps

Timobkg

(02-04-2012, 01:50 AM)Foxhound2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why the 30fps patch if you have issues... Game runs totally fine without 30fps
If you're struggling to hit 23fps in the battles, would there be a performance difference whether you're using the 25fps PAL release or the patched 30fps release?