Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cheers, ill give it a shot.

Downloaded the ICC build since iirc thats more optimized. Correct me if im wrong here Smile

Now ..where did i save my Xenoblade game file lol ..think its still on my external drive. .time to go searching Tongue
Ok all sorted, got it working and all. much more solid performance than my old rig.
Its not budging from 25fps during the opening fight and the following ingame movie. Thats good ..means it isnt gunna drop any fps in intense battles, atleats none as intense as all those mechon at the start ..but iirc wasnt there a way to increase the fps cap ? I beleve the game was made to cap at 25 for the console but im sure there was a way of increasing that.

Any1 know what that was ? and how to do it?

As for stability and crashes, ill have to get back to ya on that after i've played it for a day or 2.

EDIT: nevermind, i found the 30fps fix Smile worked like a charm and retried the opening part of the game, again 30-31 fps constant 0 slowdown ..loving my new comp even more now.. old one used to slwo down big time during that opening fight.
Cant wait for those briliant peeps working on the HD pack for Xenoblade .. thats gunna rock.
The game seems to run stable on the Lectrode 3.0-508 HLE patched build. Within 20 hours of gameplay, it crashed only once so far. I would not recommend to use 'copy EFB to ram'. The missing savegame image is a very minor bug but the performance loss is is huge. Why is enable Virtual XFB a suggested option, since I always have this disabled and do not think it is needed.
(08-04-2012, 07:02 AM)etking Wrote: [ -> ]The game seems to run stable on the Lectrode 3.0-508 HLE patched build. Within 20 hours of gameplay, it crashed only once so far. I would not recommend to use 'copy EFB to ram'. The missing savegame image is a very minor bug but the performance loss is is huge. Why is enable Virtual XFB a suggested option, since I always have this disabled and do not think it is needed.

Yes what you usay about performance is true but i only notice that gain if i remove the fps limiter since even with it on, my rig can keep the fps between 40 and 60 fps, with it of it goes to 60 to 80 fps .. this is fps readings from the opening fight (before and after you take control of the characters)

But yes, for the small issue of a bugged save picture, if you have problems keeping fps solid at 25 or 30 (depending on the fps patch) then having it on texture is beter than ram.

you will need 'enabled cache' if you have it on ram otherwise the resolution and picture quality goes to shi*.

rhodric

Hi guys,

I'm new here, so please bear with me. I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with the specs below. I'm just wondering whether I should be lagging.

I'm using the HLE patched version of Dolphin, and I've adjusted the opinions to the best of my ability after reading the performance configuration guide along with several suggestions from this thread.

My problem is my fps drops to as low as 12-15 in graphic intensive areas. Is my laptop not good enough to handle the emulator or am I missing some opinions? Also does Dolphin use the CPU or the GPU more? Thanks.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 2.0GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M
RAM: 8GB
1. Check your temps with CoreTemp. Maybe your CPU is overheating.
2. Try this settings -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
Quote:Is my laptop not good enough to handle the emulator?

Your laptop is not good enough to handle this game

Quote:Also does Dolphin use the CPU or the GPU more?

Dolphin is more CPU dependent
Ill have to agree with the above.

Your cpu doesnt have the single core grunt to handle a game like Xenoblade.

Alot of people seem to agree that a minimum of 4ghz is required for smooth gameplay.

Though imo it is still 'playable' at as low as 3.33ghz (was my old rig using a QX6850 cpu)

Remember that this is an emulator and no matter who well this emulator is made, a computer cpu will always have more trouble processing the information than the original console. That is why such a beafy cpu is required.
Quote: Alot of people seem to agree that a minimum of 4ghz is required for smooth gameplay.
No. Only LordVador does lol.

I've said this countless times before, but this game is fully playable, yes, without dropping a frame even once, at stock clocks with a 2500K.
NaturalViolence also confirmed that he ran the game really well with his ol' Q6600 at 3.2GHz or so.

This game isn't as intensive as some of you make it out to be.
The game does get more intensive as you get further in the game of course.

As for Rhodric, his CPU should turbo boost up to 2.8GHz on two cores.
This should give him (relatively) smooth gameplay.

Post your settings too.
(08-05-2012, 11:18 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Alot of people seem to agree that a minimum of 4ghz is required for smooth gameplay.
No. Only LordVador does lol.

Well on my system it is Tongue
More seriously I said that with 4GHz you were sure to play 95% of games in good conditions above all if you were using LLE etc. Of course some games are playable with less than that. Depends on the games, depends on the systems too Wink

EDIT: btw TB to 3.3 is not always enough here Big Grin