Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

puremoi

hi,

i register here to add my experience after reading this post since a week ( thanks to all those participate to help btw Wink )

It seems that every versions i try it crashes after 15 minutes or so, sometimes half an hour when i'm lucky...

For the sound i tried LLE as some said, but even with a 2600k the performance is way worst than HLE, with HLE i sometimes encounter crackling or buzzing noise but it's random and rare. as for the crash it happens on LLE too...

i also tried to deactivate the dual core ( saw this tip somewhere here ) but crash still occurs and the game is very laggy, i tried every configurations i saw here but no luck, if anyone in my case find the solution post it ^^

2600k @3.4
gtx 460 oc ( 266.58 whql )
2x2 go ddr3
sound blaster audigy 4
You need to overclock that processor hardcore for LLE...and because you can, easily.
puremoi use R7714M

i have no problem with a similar configuration, UNDERcloked gpu and cpu@stock (3.7ghz)

puremoi

ok thanks i'll try that ! Smile
Tried the game on my desktop (use HDD) , the game crashes every 15 min
but it not happen when i use my laptop (use SSD) , i finished the game on my laptop btw

Setting (for Nvidia GT540M) :
Dolphin 3.0
Directx 9 or Directx 11
Anti-aliasing : 4x (must use AA for this game)
EFB : native 1x

Got 25-30FPS with HLE , game run fullspeed

Dikkun

The game crashes with 15 minutes in here too
Using rev 7676_L102
With the following settings:

Direct3D9
No Anti Aliasing
Isotropic Filtering: 1X
EFB Copy: Virtual enabled
Still crashing for me, even with this R7714M. Mostly seems to happen in the Satorl Marsh and the further part of Makna Forest. I originally thought it was the fog like effects, but I dunno.
(08-26-2011, 12:22 PM)Alec Wrote: [ -> ]Still crashing for me, even with this R7714M. Mostly seems to happen in the Satorl Marsh and the further part of Makna Forest. I originally thought it was the fog like effects, but I dunno.

has any one tried using dsp lle on thread it seems to help me out quit a bit with the audio messing up but i have to wait and see i should upload my config file for people to use : )

im using dolphin 3.0 since i dont seem to have as many issues with it except for the audio still testing lle dsp thread thingy out : )
anyone try dsp lle thread in the audio settings? it runs it on its own thread with it checked. and my thread vanished from before O_O
(08-25-2011, 04:40 PM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2011, 03:02 PM)piccolo113 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I totally forgot about one glaring problem with the game: The screenshot that's supposed to show on the save file looks like a screenshot of a static-filled tv screen.

EFB to ram solves this "problem", which it isn't really anyway, but that also solves cut scenes in some parts with graphical errors too. It also slows things down.

I was trying to be a smart-ass, sorry. I know it's a very inconsequential issue. Thanks for solving it for me, though! I've actually experienced no slowdown at all since enabling that setting.

I have, on the other hand, reverted back to the unpatched copy of the game. The patch that enables 30fps with no speedup actually caused crackling to creep into the music, and quite often. As soon as I went back to the unpatched version, no sound issues at all.
(08-25-2011, 04:42 PM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2011, 03:02 PM)piccolo113 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I totally forgot about one glaring problem with the game: The screenshot that's supposed to show on the save file looks like a screenshot of a static-filled tv screen.
Not an issue really. You need EFB to RAM for them to work but usually it's slower than texture so most people don't feel like turning it on just so they can see a tiny image next to their save files.
(08-25-2011, 03:43 PM)stabwound Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a problem that may not be strictly related to this game, but I'm experiencing it with it.

Basically, using the patched ISO, my framerate will sit at a maximum of 59fps, not 60, whether I set 60 as the max or not. If I put 65+ as the max, it will go above 60, so it's clearly not being choked by my computer. It's just sitting at exactly 59 and won't go up or down.

Using SVN build 7719, and tried as many settings as I could.

Anyone have any ideas?

Usually full speed means jumping between 59 and 60 vps for me. Doesn't really matter and I always figured it just reports it a bit wrong or something. Or are you having some issue you think is related to it?

I'd like to point out that no matter what I did, using the patched version, getting the fps up to anything higher than 30 caused speedup in the game. 60fps=double speed

(08-25-2011, 06:16 PM)Tankshell Wrote: [ -> ]I have now been playing this game for about 40 hours, currently in Makna Forest/Frontier Village area. I have been getting the occasional crash and static music... but nothing too frequent, until now that is!

Using this revision and settings recommended by another user, which have proved great until this point in the game:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid167141

All of a sudden my music now keeps corrupting/becoming static ALL the time. Literally within about 5 mins of loading up my save game, doesn't matter what area although it is even more frequent when in Frontier Village.

I haven't changed Dolphin settings or revision, nothing else has changed on my computer. Really gutting as now I can't really carry on playing and will have to wait for some kind of resolution to the sound issues (or get a new cutting edge PC so I can run LLE instead of HLE).

Very disappointed, it has been running near flawlessly up until now (hence why I have already put in 40 glorious hours of game time).

Anyone have any ideas why it could all of a sudden take a downturn audio wise?

Thanks for any suggestions.

T

I'd like to point out that even with my setup, I'd never gotten any good results from using the LLE no matter what settings I changed. I always get crackly sound with LLE. Official or not, it just doesn't work as good as the HLE emulation.
(08-26-2011, 12:50 PM)yamisniper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2011, 12:22 PM)Alec Wrote: [ -> ]Still crashing for me, even with this R7714M. Mostly seems to happen in the Satorl Marsh and the further part of Makna Forest. I originally thought it was the fog like effects, but I dunno.

has any one tried using dsp lle on thread it seems to help me out quit a bit with the audio messing up but i have to wait and see i should upload my config file for people to use : )

im using dolphin 3.0 since i dont seem to have as many issues with it except for the audio still testing lle dsp thread thingy out : )
anyone try dsp lle thread in the audio settings? it runs it on its own thread with it checked. and my thread vanished from before O_O

I passed those areas with LLE and enable sound throttle with no cracking or bad side effects to sound except for a fmv cut scene before Satorl Marsh where my system actually hit a slow down and sound finally skipped a little. I don't know what is with that scene that it maxed out all of my 4 cores according to my G15 cpu monitoring applet.