Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Depending on your CPU
Core 2 duo / Phenom X2 : 2 cores 2 threads -> Dolphin will use 100%
Core 2 Quad / Phenom X4 / FX-4xxx : 4 cores 4 threads -> 50%
i3 Hyper Threading : 2 cores 4 threads -> 50%
i7 Hyper Threading : 4 cores 8 threads -> 20-30%
Dolphin uses 2 core
If you dump LLE backend (dsp_coef.bin and dsp_rom.bin , put them in folder Dolphin\Sys\GC) and enable "DSP LLE on threads" , Dolphin will use the 3rd core -> 60% or higher
(11-05-2012, 09:35 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2012, 07:02 AM)nekroturkey Wrote: [ -> ]You know what's strange though? The game micro-freezes all of the time during the intro cutscene, but when I tried to record the intro with FRAPS so I could show you guys the problem, the micro-freezing didn't occur at all. The intro ran perfectly at full speed without any hitches or audio problems while FRAPS was recording. When I stopped recording with FRAPS, the micro-freezing/audio looping came back.

Any idea of what this might mean?

Maybe your cpu is not beeing used properly ( low clocks ) and it speeds up when using fraps ?
Did you check with cpu-z cpu clock while watching the cutscene in xenoblade ?

Actually, scratch that. I was recording with FRAPS and the problem still happened. Must've been a fluke before. Anyway, here's a video of the problem:

Freezing starts at ~1:00, during which time the audio would start to loop really quickly. The video didn't record that though. Also, as you can see, the freezing corresponds to what I mentioned in my original post:

Quote:What's strange about this problem is that it isn't random, as it happens at very specific points. For instance, during the intro cutscene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FH_4guK5A

...the first freeze will happen at 2:32-2:33. It'll last for 2-3 seconds, and then the game goes back to normal until 2:35-2:36 where it freezes for another 2-3 seconds. The game goes back to normal again until 2:55-2:56 where it does the same thing.

Just to be sure, I had CPU-Z and HWMonitor up while Xenoblade was running. The CPU wasn't throttling or anything, it was running at a consistent voltage/4.5ghz. So I don't think that's it.
nekroturkey I am out of ideas what could be wrong.
But I can share this info,which is relevant.
When I had core 2 duo cpu I had EXACTLY the same problem. After that guy is caught by mechon and other guy starts running game would freeze and stutter,and sound would destort for couple of seconds.
It happened couple of more times after that in that cinematics.
Reason for stutering was because of slow cpu. How do I know that ?
Because when I overclocked cpu to 3.7 Ghz it would stutter a lot less,only for a second instead for 2-3 seconds on default speed.
Also,when I disabled copy ro ram,AA AND overclocked cpu I was able to run cutscenes fine without stuttering.
Since I upgraded to i5 2400 I am able to have efb copies to ram enabled and AA and whatever I want without stuttering anywhere.
So it seems something is wrong with your system,your cpu is not beeing used properly,its worse then core 2 duo at 3.7 ghz when running the xenoblade.
I dont know why though or how can you fix it.
Make sure to disable ALL background programs maybe something is interfering ? ( antivirus,downloads and such )
I recorded the intro a few months ago and it worked flawlessly.
No stuttering whatsoever.

It's definitely a problem on your end. Your hardware should take it easily.

We'll have to go step by step to pinpoint the issue.
Let's start with the following:
─ Does the freezing only happen to Xenoblade or also other games?
─ What temperatures are you reaching when it freezes?
─ What harddrive do you have and how much space do you have left?
─ Do you have any background programs running? (Most notably, virus scanners etc)
─ Have you tried to disable hyperthreading?
─ Have you tried to disable SLI?
Is it safe to use those exp limiting cheats? Feels like limiting exp would be a good thing considering my OCD with quests. :/
Hey guys \o

So, i will follow your advice and buy some intel hardware \o/

I'm thinking of buying this asrock Z77 extreme 4 or a gigabyte Z77X-DH3, and I am in doubt about the processor, i5 3570k, i5 2500k, i7 2600K or i7 3770k then. I would like some advice, since I intend to keep this configuration for at least 2 years until the second generation of Intel Haswell and AMD Excavator appears in the market. I'll sell part of my hardware (aka mobo + processor) as a way to mitigate the costs of buying new things.

oh yes, most of the use of computer will be for games (PC and Emulators).

Well, i think that's it for now.
Big Grin

Can you help me?

o/
Cool
Get the Core i5-3570k + a good CPU cooler and overclock it to 4.2/4.3GHz Smile
(11-06-2012, 03:29 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Get the Core i5-3570k + a good CPU cooler and overclock it to 4.2/4.3GHz Smile

You mean like a corsair h80 or h100?

I don't know, here in brazil these watercoolers are sooooo expensive Sad

there is an air cooler that can withstand that kind of overclock? Like the Corsair A70?

EDIT;

I need overclocking the i5 3570k to what frequecy to play Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower?, I am asking this because I have already purchased all games listed previously (lol) and so due to lack of performance that my current processor has...well, you"ll get the point already. lol
Xenoblade Chronicles is fine on my 4.4ghz 2500k, so I imagine anything above 4.2-4.3 will be more than fine. As far as I know The Last Story has some pretty crazy requirements to play on Dolphin. My 3770k clocked at 4.6ghz plays pretty much anything with no stuttering, but I got lucky with a low voltage chip (1.2vcore at 4.6ghz) so you may not be able to go past 4.5 without better cooling.

If you have the space I'd use the Noctua NH-D14 since it pretty much beats those self contained water coolers and is one of the most quiet air coolers.

3770k's are binned higher and generally get better overclocks at lower voltage than a 3570k. I personally kept getting really awful chips from Microcenter (1.2v chips @ 4.2ghz) so I decided to spend the extra 80 for a 3770k so I didn't have to gamble for a chip.
(11-06-2012, 03:46 AM)DonxD Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT;

I need overclocking the i5 3570k to what frequecy to play Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower?, I am asking this because I have already purchased all games listed previously (lol) and so due to lack of performance that my current processor has...well, you"ll get the point already. lol

You don't need watercooling Wink

The Last Story is one of the most demanding games. You should overclock your CPU to 4.2Ghz or more.