Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After doing those tweaks, my game was working the best so far, but still unplayable. FPS was literally changing from 17-29 randomly as I moved around and when it got low, audio crackled. Sometimes I'd run at almost full FPS but then a few seconds later it would slow again Sad

This is a brand new laptop and I'm so angry that I had no idea about the AMD Vs Intel thing. Now I'm stuck with this AMD machine that won't run games well and I'm furious.
Quote:FPS was literally changing from 17-29 randomly as I moved around and when it got low, audio crackled. Sometimes I'd run at almost full FPS but then a few seconds later it would slow again
Have you read the Wiki?
That's why you don't apply the 30FPS patch if you can't even maintain 25FPS stable.

Once again, make sure Dolphin uses your discrete GPU instead of the integrated one. It'll allow you to play the game at x3 instead of x2.

Actually, your CPU handles other games pretty well, check out Starscreams thread, which can potentially help you increase your performance in games. (Provided that you are able to overclock).
Lastly, download Realtemp, and play the game for 30 mins. Report back here with your maximum temperatures.

I'm not using the 30FPS patch because I'm using a USA copy of the game

memento mori

(04-26-2012, 03:48 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release or the normal 3.0-600 build without ICC optimizations.

So I tried both these builds and am still getting crashes. I could post my settings if you want, though I left everything default except the resolution.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Immortalz

Sorry for the late reply guys.

I am using the ICC optimized build that was linked on page 105.

I also did not need to use the PAL patch as I have the US version of the game.

The game runs pretty much 100% never dropping below 29. There were drop downs to about 22 or so but it was only for a second and usually its when you just started the game. Nothing major.

I am playing in 1080p with 3X IR and quality lvl 16 AA.

Tried this game with build 3.0-600, but got a freeze right after pressing new game. Can anyone help me with this?
Maybe your games is a bad dump? Have you tried to dump the game again?
(04-27-2012, 09:55 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe your games is a bad dump? Have you tried to dump the game again?
Yes, and still no luck. Don't think it's a game problem (ps i have the european PAL version, i'm italian).
Well, maybe you messed up with some settings Wink Pls post them (of course as screenshots)
(04-27-2012, 10:06 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, maybe you messed up with some settings Wink Pls post them (of course as screenshots)
I have the italian dolphin. Unless someone tell me how to change the language to english i can't post a screen.
Anyway can you tell me what is the best configuration for this game?