Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried LLE and enable audio throttle?
Yes, unfortunately I have tried all of that Sad I'll just twiddle my thumbs until a fix comes. lol
(08-30-2011, 01:02 PM)kientan89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2011, 12:37 PM)goolup Wrote: [ -> ]To whoever suggesting OCing my grpahics card to stop crashing, you are a legend. I tried once when I first saw it suggested but only by 20mhz and it did nothing. However I've just OC'd my HD 4830 from 575mhz to 610mhz and I just played for 3 hours before crashing. Crashed via stack overflow as well which is new.
I config 1.5x of internal resolution and I never got crash. Before, I choose auto (multiple) and it was made me cras randomly several time. I think that you have to choose which is the best and suit internal resolution belong to your pc.

Will try this as well now matey cheers

Tankshell

Guys,

I posted a while back that I was getting lots of audio stuttering ALL the time, I tried this build (r7490 ICC) from this post by Lectrode :

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid168663

it is a fairly recent build for intel based processors, and has the Xenoblade audio patch compiled in, it fixed ALL of my audio problems and I can now continue to play the rest of the game fine.

Worth a shot for those of you having audio issues and who have an intel processor.

T
(08-30-2011, 06:23 PM)Tankshell Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,

I posted a while back that I was getting lots of audio stuttering ALL the time, I tried this build (r7490 ICC) from this post by Lectrode :

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid168663

it is a fairly recent build for intel based processors, and has the Xenoblade audio patch compiled in, it fixed ALL of my audio problems and I can now continue to play the rest of the game fine.

Worth a shot for those of you having audio issues and who have an intel processor.

T

I'll give that a shot, myself, when I get up in the morning. Thanks for the heads up.
Just use the latest build (dolphin 3.0 - 69) in my sig or disable idleskipping with HLE, (don't mess with vbeam setting either, leave it as it is) to fix sound problems. Also i haven't experienced any crashes here either with the latest build.
Seems the audio crackling happens in LLE as well. I have used multiple revisions, couple in the 7000's, v3.0, and v3.0-71. Problem happens in all. Audio begins to sound garbled and crackly. My specs are: Intel Core i5 2500k at 4.8Ghz, 8GB DDR3, and GTX560. Using the region patch I get 30 FPS solid, 3x internal res, 1920x1080 monitor res, all filtering setting jacked. FPS never drops below 30 (but does hit 31 here and there), but with LLE audio crackles after awhile, especially when I'm messing around in the menus. It happens usually after about 30m-1h of gameplay. It might happen because of the 30 FPS patch, dunno, never tested it. Game running at 25 FPS isn't smooth enough for my eyes.

The only revision I found that has worked for me, was the one by FilthyMonkey on the page found HERE. It is v3.0-71 with the Xenoblade patch included.

Unfortunately I have to use HLE for this revision. I wanted to test LLE to see if the crackling is resolved, but it sounds awful because the pitch of the audio seems to be a lot lower than it should be. But using this revision + HLE, I put in a solid 3 hours and have yet to hear any audio distortion.

Edit: I have also failed to mention I've tried all kinds of settings as well: JIT and JITIL recompiler, lock threads to cores, DSPLLE on thread, enable audio throttle, XAudio2 and DSound backends, FPS limiter off, on and off for all options. Nevertheless, when the gameplay starts to reach the 1 hour mark, the audio starts getting all crackly even with LLE. The only resolution is to save, close the game, reload (or use the revision with HLE I mentioned before). The longer I leave it run, the worse the audio distorts and sounds all garbled.

Arkayz

(08-29-2011, 11:54 PM)Arkayz Wrote: [ -> ]After 4 hours of gameplay without problems now i have reach "bionic's leg" and the games has begun to freeze every 2 or 3 minutes, i also have sound problems, it seems to enter a bucle. I've tried a lot of different builds including the one commented by siferion but not results yet. It is impossible to continue playing like this. Any suggestions?

Any help please? Sad
I backed up the old 25fps version and have been using the 30fps patch to compare, it seems to work fine until some of the bigger battles, it drops down to 15fps and such. also still gettin the audio crackling with this patch aswell.

i've yet to try the revisions Tankshell and Bighead linked so i'll give those a try and report back.

wooter

For people with AMD cpu's:

I'm 21 hours in, currently in pioneer village. and have had NO crashes so far. The games runs at 100% speed all the time, but occasionally microstutters when entering a new area etc. Audio does go bad now and again, but changing time or starting a fight solves that. Also with the subtitles and all, who needs audio......

I'm using r6515 SSE3 optimized http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1M75UA2
from this thread:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=17605

-AMD Phenom X2 255 @ unlocked 4 cores, 3.5 ghz
-Intel SSD
-GTX460