Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Directly on start up? This IS strange, most people tend to receive the static sound over some time.

Try out this

(08-22-2011, 02:16 AM)hye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2011, 12:57 AM)Poklin Wrote: [ -> ]Nice thanks!, is there any chance you could post your settings?

Xtemu dolphin 7714M (latest); Accurate VBeam emulation on (right click on the game banner, then properties); Dual Core on; Idle Skipping on; cheats off; framelimit auto; JitIL recompiler; Lock threads on; HLE audio with Dsound 48k; Enable audio throttle off; Use EuRGB60 mode off;

Video : Dx9; Aspect ratio force 16:9; Vsync off; render to main window on; Internal resolution auto; antialias none; anisotropic 2x; pixel lighting off; force texture filtering off; 3D vision off;
hacks panel - ignore format changes on, efb copy virtual and ram on, efb disable on, per pixel depth disable on, openmp texture decoder on, other settings are off.

config: Core2duo e8500, nvidia9600GT, playing with an old dualshock2 with emulated classic controller option. Almost everywhere in game I get max fps.

hope I could help. Smile

please. It fixed the sound for me (but it still crashes though).

zupercoco

Hi!
First of all I apologize.I'm Spanish and my English is not very good,sorry. I´m using Dolphin r6880 and my problem is this:
The game loads fine. In the menu recognized the pad but when I click on new game tells me "no extension controller is connected to the wii remote.Connect the nunchuck or classic controller".I have a pad Thrustmaster T-Wireless 3-1 Rumble Force and I use xpadder with option emulated wiimote.I have tried everything but nothing works.
would greatly appreciate someone to help me. Thank you very much
With the PAL release what settings should I be using for Audio?
I get crackling sometimes during cutscenes and gameplay.
Not at the start but eventually and it goes away and comes back.
(08-23-2011, 06:39 PM)zupercoco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
First of all (...)

Press Wiiimote config button -> configure -> find extension -> select classic -> configure -> now set keys -> play Wink

zupercoco

(08-23-2011, 08:05 PM)Alakair Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2011, 06:39 PM)zupercoco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
First of all (...)

Press Wiiimote config button -> configure -> find extension -> select classic -> configure -> now set keys -> play Wink

Oh my!! Thank you so much!!!Now thanks to you I can play!
Thanks for the quick response and solution!
Thanks again!!
After thoroughly testing the game(EU) I concluded that I can run the game full speed (30fps) at any time with these settings. Turning on any AA slows it down when everyone uses their special attacks for some reason.
Oh, and I barely crashed, it only happened once so far. There's no sound issues either.

Turn off Accurate VBeam Emulation if you have enabled it, for me it slows down the game alot. (dont disable it if you gain speed for some reason)

Using the latest Dolphin r7714M

Settings(Options > Configure)
General tab - CPU Emulation Engine - JIT Recompiler
Audio tab - DSP Emulator Engine - DSP HLE emulation (fast)
(play around with your backend too, DSound or Xaudio2, mine works flawlessly with DSound)

Graphics(Options > Graphics settings)
General tab - Back-end - DirectX9
Enhancement tab - Internal resolution - Mine is at x3, big enough for my res, but put what you can handle here!
Enhancement tab - Anti-Aliasing - DISABLE, its too heavy to use
Enhancement tab - Anisotropic Filtering - Mine is at x16, put what you can handle here.
Hacks tab - Ignore Format Changes - CHECKED
Hacks tab - EFB Copies - Virtual & Ram CHECKED
Hacks tab - External Frame Buffer - Disable CHECKED
Hacks tab - Disable Per Pixel Depth - CHECKED
Hacks tab - OpenMP Texture Decoder - CHECKED

As for my specs for those who're interested:
2500k @ 3.3GHz (stock)
6870 @ stock
Having no sound issue with HLE is not a setting or revision thing, it's about computer it seems as I've tried every setting combination I've seen posted and atleast half a dozen different revisions of dolphin. Every single time the sound will eventually screw up in battles or roaming around exploring. I've even upped my overclock to 3.45ghz with a box fan on the side my computer because all I have is the stock cooler and 3.3ghz is pushing it on heat normally, and sound distortion still happens.

Does anyone use HLE with NO audio problems that has a similar or weaker processor than me? That's what I'm interested in.
I have tried every setting here, and all the revisions of Dolphin I could find and yet I still drop to about 5 FPS when your character runs onto the screen in the beginning. Audio while I have gotten to sound half way decent otherwise. Starts acting up around this time and stutters a ton. Unplayable IMO.

Audio is definatley worse with Audio Throttle and HLE, but still have issues even with LLE - since it seems to be related to FPS.

Specs

AMD Phenom II X3 720 - 3.52GHz
4 Gigs of Ram
Windows 7 64x
Radeon 4890 Pro
(08-24-2011, 12:27 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]Having no sound issue with HLE is not a setting or revision thing, it's about computer it seems as I've tried every setting combination I've seen posted and atleast half a dozen different revisions of dolphin. Every single time the sound will eventually screw up in battles or roaming around exploring. I've even upped my overclock to 3.45ghz with a box fan on the side my computer because all I have is the stock cooler and 3.3ghz is pushing it on heat normally, and sound distortion still happens.

Does anyone use HLE with NO audio problems that has a similar or weaker processor than me? That's what I'm interested in.

I have an amd II x4 955 @3.20 GHz, which should be worse than yours since you overclocked. Now, what do you mean every single time 'eventually' ?

I've never had it become weird or static-y during just normal gameplay and sidequests/exploring.
A couple of times during the most intense cutscenes, before I enabled that VBeam option anyways, since then all cutscenes have gone by static and slowdown free.

And when/if it does become weird, as soon as the music or cutscene changes the static is gone.
Also, I think if you save-state and reload that the sound is fixed as well.

Really, once I found good settings and I got past the beginning of the game, everything has been running smoothly. I haven't seen fps dip below 35 or so during normal gameplay even with many monsters Smile
I get about 50-60 fps (for a nice 200-240% speed ^^) when running around big empty spaces.

I do get occasional crashes though, but last time I played a good 5 hours until it crashed.
(08-24-2011, 12:27 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]Having no sound issue with HLE is not a setting or revision thing, it's about computer it seems as I've tried every setting combination I've seen posted and atleast half a dozen different revisions of dolphin. Every single time the sound will eventually screw up in battles or roaming around exploring. I've even upped my overclock to 3.45ghz with a box fan on the side my computer because all I have is the stock cooler and 3.3ghz is pushing it on heat normally, and sound distortion still happens.

You can't be certain, I did get some static sounds when I was experimenting aswell, with HLE and LLE. Using the Dsound back-end eliminated all the sound issues. You should be able to run this with atleast 3.x+GHz.