Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-06-2011, 10:44 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2011, 05:34 AM)Yuri Lowell Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else get slowdown in battle? My FPS seems to be all over the place from 20-30 but as soon as I exit the battle it's back to 30. It never drops below 30 anywhere except in battle. I've tried changing heaps of settings and builds but nothing seems to change it.

At what places exactly? Mark spoilers please.

Entirely in battle. Walking around towns, the world and it keeps a steady 29-30FPS but as soon as I enter battle the FPS takes a nosedive. It stays around 25FPS but sometimes goes down to 10 or so.

Disabling Vbeam seems to cause FPS problems on the field too. I was walking around that swamp area and only getting 24~FPS.
So by that, I take it that it happens in ANY battle - regardless of where you are?
With any amount of monsters?

Disable/Enable Block-Merging in game properties. iirc I didn't have it enabled.
Disable/Enable Fast-Mipmap.

Drop down your scaling from x4 to x3. It will definitely help with the slowdowns.
You could also try enabling/disabling the OpenMP decoder.

But a word of warning... if none of these improve your fps. It's going to get worse later in the game.. Tongue

(10-06-2011, 10:56 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]So by that, I take it that it happens in ANY battle - regardless of where you are?
With any amount of monsters?

Disable/Enable Block-Merging in game properties. iirc I didn't have it enabled.
Disable/Enable Fast-Mipmap.

Drop down your scaling from x4 to x3. It will definitely help with the slowdowns.
You could also try enabling/disabling the OpenMP decoder.

But a word of warning... if none of these improve your fps. It's going to get worse later in the game.. Tongue

Some places seem worse than others but overall there's general slowdown in the battle anywhere I go. I'm at Agniratha and it's definitely really bad now, like 5FPS in some cases Dodgy. I'll try what you suggested though, thanks.
Hehe, that was one of the places I was referring to. Even on my CPU @ stock, I got drops of ~5 fps in battles... so hopefully that'll let you know that 'that' place is demanding Tongue.

You could also try dropping AF, generally x4 is sufficient Tongue.
Just save-state and play with the settings Smile
Any solution you find you're welcome to post here.

Good luck.
Might be a little off-topic, but does anyone else think this game is relatively hard? I get capped alot by larger mobs and bosses. The attack power to boss hp seems really out of balance.
in which area are you? and level?
(10-07-2011, 05:30 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]in which area are you? and level?

I mean just in general, like before you arrive at the bionis knee, and you fight that giant spider? I was only 1 level lower then the boss, and it still took like 3-4 tries to kill it.
eh... I never had a game over even against higher leveled enemies/boss, you just need to be quick enough in judgment and you'll be fine most of the time. honestly this game still fall on easier side imo...

KradDiher

Out of curiosity...Will a new graphics card help?

I've been playing Xenoblade for a few hours now and in some cutscenes and battles the FPS drop to 17-20 whereas the rest of the time it remains stable on 25 FPS. In the perfect world, I would love to keep it stable without the occasional FPS loss.

My system specifications:
Intel i7 930 2,8 GHZ
6GB RAM
ATI Radeon 4780
overclock your cpu