Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lol...i was replying to Derp bro. Take a pill.
(08-27-2011, 08:11 AM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]One word Emulation. Google the meaning.

(08-27-2011, 08:43 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]Next you'll make a post about why dolphin doesn't use all your cores properly. Emulation is what it sounds like, emulating hardware through software which is largely inefficient with the added benefit of adding image quality enhancements.

You know, you guys don't need to be asses about it. I was asking a completely valid question because I honestly did not know what the issue was that would require so much power to run it properly.

One word Politeness. Google the meaning. Seriously. I am not every single other person you've explained this to.

(08-27-2011, 08:11 AM)manywelps Wrote: [ -> ]Round hole, square peg. All that extra power is spent converting the peg (the peg being the Wii's PowerPC instructions) to fit in the round hole (x86/x64 instructions).

That's insanely oversimplified (interpreter).

Thanks for the explanation, man. I see what you're saying, now that it's been pointed out to me politely Big Grin
(08-27-2011, 01:40 PM)piccolo113 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2011, 08:11 AM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]One word Emulation. Google the meaning.

(08-27-2011, 08:43 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]Next you'll make a post about why dolphin doesn't use all your cores properly. Emulation is what it sounds like, emulating hardware through software which is largely inefficient with the added benefit of adding image quality enhancements.

You know, you guys don't need to be asses about it. I was asking a completely valid question because I honestly did not know what the issue was that would require so much power to run it properly.

One word Politeness. Google the meaning. Seriously. I am not every single other person you've explained this to.

(08-27-2011, 08:11 AM)manywelps Wrote: [ -> ]Round hole, square peg. All that extra power is spent converting the peg (the peg being the Wii's PowerPC instructions) to fit in the round hole (x86/x64 instructions).

That's insanely oversimplified (interpreter).

Thanks for the explanation, man. I see what you're saying, now that it's been pointed out to me politely Big Grin

Google the damn answer in that case.
(08-27-2011, 02:34 PM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]Google the damn answer in that case.

One more question. What the hell is your problem? You were such a nice guy the other day...now suddenly you're acting like an old man that's tired of dealing with all the kids.

Seriously, dude, just chill the hell out. Your hostility is totally unwarranted.
(08-27-2011, 01:40 PM)piccolo113 Wrote: [ -> ]You know, you guys don't need to be asses about it. I was asking a completely valid question because I honestly did not know what the issue was that would require so much power to run it properly.

What they were trying to tell you is that this question has been asked like... 1000 times already and would've been easy to get answered via a search query.
It sure might not have been the nicest way to answer, but you should understand that it indeed is kind of annoying to read the same questions over and over again (some even more than once per day >_>)
Man, the greatest problem is, that everyone has different settings that work for him. Are the Devs actually looking into this?
(08-27-2011, 04:10 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]What they were trying to tell you is that this question has been asked like... 1000 times already and would've been easy to get answered via a search query.
It sure might not have been the nicest way to answer, but you should understand that it indeed is kind of annoying to read the same questions over and over again (some even more than once per day >_>)

I understand Smile

I also had no intention of being annoying, I just asked a question that came to mind since we were on the subject.

Onto happier topics: The music in this game is gorgeous Big Grin I'm absolutely in love with Yasunori Mitsuda's music.
(08-27-2011, 04:33 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: [ -> ]Man, the greatest problem is, that everyone has different settings that work for him. Are the Devs actually looking into this?

I'd bet they are, but I don't know if they make updates and improvements on a per-game basis or not. What'd be good, though, is if the compatibility page on the wiki could somehow get a lot of people's input and figure out what some good safe settings are. And, of course, what the awesome power-settings are, too. Like has been said, though, different rigs seem to be making the best out of it in totally different ways.
I'm using this revision: 7612_L102_x64_ICC. Its optimized for Intel only.

Playing for about 7 hours yesterday, without closing the game/emulator: haven't a single sound or graphic issue. There's no crash/force close too. Now i'm with 25 hours of gameplay, in Colony 6 the game is running perfect for me.

The point is, the game CAN RUN ALMOST PERFECT for most of you too.

The thing is that you need to try other revisions, read this and the other the tread to check some settings, try diferent settings, combine them and, when you find one that's ok, try that in other revisions.

Try first on minimum quality settings, then go change one at the time to improve quality, not two at the same time.

I do that on every game i have and all of then run perfect on Dolphin 3.0.

I have one folder for Mario 1, one for Mario 2, one for Zelda Wind Waker, 2 folders for Xenoblade (7676 and 7612) and so on. I've finished almost all of my games without problem, most of them with my old Quad Core Q2660 @ 3.4Ghz, ATI 4850 (Even Tales of Graces, that its the most dificult game to run for me, i've finished 4 times and Wind Waker that is @#$% too, finished one time)

Keep im mind that THIS GAME WILL NOT RUN, with the same settings as mine on your computer, even if your computer is like mine. Moterboard, memory frequency, compilation of Windows, etc will almost never be the same so, TRY YOUR OWN DOLPHIN SETTINGS.

I repeat: THIS GAME CAN RUN ALMOST PERFECT in most PC's on this topic and the ones of the other tread. If you really want to play this wonderfull game on Full hd in Dolphin (this game deserves it), WORK ON IT!!!

Here are some samples, in diferent computers:

Dolphin r7719 x64
Intel Q6600 @3.47ghz
Patriot Extreme DDRII-800 4GB
ATI HD4850 512MB @800/1100

Dolphin r7714 x64
Windows 7 x64
i7 965 Extreme ED. @3.2GHz
Radeon HD 5870 MSI Lightning

Dolphin-r7676_L102_x64_ICC
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 Ghz
2 x 2GB DDR3 G.SKILL Ripjaws 2133Mhz
MSI GTX 580 Lightning (900/4800Mhz)

Win7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5770
8 GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3
Would someone be so kind as to link me the 30fps patch?

I had the thread up a few days but I can't seem to find it, would've grabbed it while it was up but heard someone having problems with it
(08-28-2011, 03:52 AM)dabunnyman Wrote: [ -> ]Would someone be so kind as to link me the 30fps patch?

I had the thread up a few days but I can't seem to find it, would've grabbed it while it was up but heard someone having problems with it
http://www.multiupload.com/0HT3E314L0