Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-09-2011, 08:34 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone in this thread even read japanese?

Read no, though I can read romanized japanese to some limited degree and understand spoken japanese with the same limited degree.

You make a good point though. Playing a complex RPG without being able to fully understand it is like playing a 3D game with nothing more than a D-Pad. Sure you can move around and probably beat the game with enough time, but it's going to be much more difficult and likely more aggravating than fun.
(02-09-2011, 08:34 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone in this thread even read japanese?

I can read, and understand most of this game. Not fully. I'm still learning. People's main purpose here is to test it and locate problems to improve the emulator. I think that's why they play games they don't understand. Smile
This is a very good game, and many people are hoping it will be released in English. Dolphin needs to run it perfectly.
(02-15-2011, 06:40 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]no. i was curious why non japanese people were purchasing and emulating a game they cannot read or even fully understand how to play.

I'm little understand japan.
(02-15-2011, 10:03 PM)hye Wrote: [ -> ]I can read, and understand most of this game. Not fully. I'm still learning. People's main purpose here is to test it and locate problems to improve the emulator. I think that's why they play games they don't understand. Smile
This is a very good game, and many people are hoping it will be released in English. Dolphin needs to run it perfectly.

i'm pretty sure i heard there will not be an english release.
(02-16-2011, 02:21 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2011, 10:03 PM)hye Wrote: [ -> ]I can read, and understand most of this game. Not fully. I'm still learning. People's main purpose here is to test it and locate problems to improve the emulator. I think that's why they play games they don't understand. Smile

i'm pretty sure i heard there will not be an english release.

Well, hope dies last. Still, this game has issues (the sound patch only solves most of the sound problems, not all, besides I, and others have freezes), and I want to replay it several times, so dolphin does need to run it perfectly.Smile
well... as far as getting specific games to work i doubt any developers are going to waste time getting japanese rpgs working when there are top ten titles that still have issues.
(02-16-2011, 04:04 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]well... as far as getting specific games to work i doubt any developers are going to waste time getting japanese rpgs working when there are top ten titles that still have issues.

Eventually, we'll get there.
I don't know about that. I haven't seen any decent releases for the Wii lately. I'm still hoping for Tale of Graces to come out in the US.

(02-16-2011, 02:33 PM)Clusta Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about that. I haven't seen any decent releases for the Wii lately. I'm still hoping for Tale of Graces to come out in the US.

I haven't seen any decent releases for the Wii lately for Russian ^_^
Can someone recommend which version of Dolphin to use for this game? I just want to play it on 720p (1280x768) resolution. So far it seems like the game runs fine most of the time, I'm getting 30fps for the most part, except for the intense battles in the opening, some of the cutscenes drops to 15-20fps, but once I get control of the character and actually fight, the framerate seems to stablize at 25-30fps.

But I'm having problem with the sound, even when I'm running around in the town (getting solid 30fps) the bgm seems to stutter and gets staticky. When I talk to Dickson it was like that too, the framerate was also at a solid 30fps. Is my computer too weak to run this game? Has anyone with less than an Core i7 being able to run this smoothly? Thanks.

My rig
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC@3.44ghz
Patriot 4GB DDRII 800 ram
WD Black 640GB hdd
ATI HD4850 OC@800mhz gpu/1100mhz vram