Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Ryu

Welcome back to Dolphin. Read the updated rules, fill in your PC specs in your profile and/or put it in your signature.

1. Use the Xenoblade HLE patched build, you can download one of these builds at Lectrode's website
Search for it on his website. The current version should be called something like 3.0-508-gf30aebf.

2. I don't recommend using AA, and especially not in this game. There's some issues with it, like getting too bright scenes, etc.

3. This game has audio issues. Those with slower computers encounter the issues more likely.

4. It's still a WiP. If you're going to play the game for the first time, don't use it.

For more information check out the wiki.
Ty for the answer

is this HLE patched bluid 3.0-508-gf30aebf already configured to play the game or do i have to change some settings for best play?
Any changes i can make to improve the graphics?
Yeah, there are some options.

* Per-Pixel-Lightning
* Anti-Aliasing
* Internal Resolution (2x for 720p, 3x for 1080p - the higher you set the IR the better will the graphics look)
I don't think even Skid knows that xD

Sin Jack

I'm using Dolphin 3.0-72 and the biggest problem I have is that the game crashes often. Sometimes every 15 minutes or every hour. Help?

Win7, 32-bit
AMD Athlon 2.6 GHz, 4 CPU's
4GB ram
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250

Use a more recent version. Have a look to this thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14356 (assuming you're using the patched version)

Artificiary

I was able to get my North American copy of the game onto my PC and running beautifully (for the most part) in Dolphin. Graphics wise the game runs extremely well with basically no glitches or slowdowns. My one minor annoyance is in regards to random, somewhat frequent, audio stutters.

I rarely ever notice the problem when I’m sitting idle, walking through town, or going through menus; it’s when I run around a lot or get into combat. For the most part, the problem only affects the music. It’s almost as if the music gets ahead by a beat or two and then chokes (stutters) and its normal again for a 5 to 10 seconds. When this happens you can almost feel a dip in frame-rate but it does not impact control of the game.

Is this just normal behavior or is there perhaps a setting that I have overlooked? I have thought about trying one of Lectrode’s builds but was hesitant to go that route if this is just something I will have to get used to.

Here are some of my settings off the top of my head (will update when I get home):

DSP LLE Recompiler
XAudio2
48000 Hz

Thanks!
Artificiary, it's probably normal. Maybe try switching between Framelimit Auto vs Audio.

Artificiary

(04-18-2012, 10:26 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Artificiary, it's probably normal. Maybe try switching between Framelimit Auto vs Audio.

Thank you for the suggestion skid. I had set Framelimit to Auto while trying to isolate other performance issues early on and never toggled it back.

After selecting Audio for Framelimit and checking 'Limit by FPS' it almost completely eliminated the remaining sound stuttering. I still get the occasional crackle or hiccup but its nowhere near as frequent.
You still get minor sound problems, right? You could try XAudio2 as audio backend - It's a little bit better than DSound afaik.