Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

McBain

Hi, i have a Problem with Xenblade (pal)
In some Areas (mostly the big wide areas like the Plains and stuff) it becomes so bright that its very hard to see the enemy or Collectables.
This can be solved by turning around the Camera, but its annyoing Sad
More on the Screen below.

Im running r7688m with the normal settings.
My Spec: i5 2500k@3.5ghz, GF 460GTX AMP 768mb, 4Gb Kingston, Win7 64bit
Turn off anti aliasing.

McBain

Thanks a lot, runs now perfectly Big Grin
(08-22-2011, 10:13 PM)McBain Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot, runs now perfectly Big Grin

Sure thing.

Another fun video of me actually moving rather than time lapsing a vista scene this time. Youtube kind of crapped on the finer quality so I wonder if I should change how I speed things up, basically drop out frames and increase framerate rather than just increasing speed...I don't know. Anyway
Hallo,

ive just bought Xenoblade today and tried do dump it with rawdump. Im using an LG 8164B
which worked perfectly with all my other games.

Ive also tried the "double layer"-option with no luck.

Does anyone have the same prob or/and a solution for this?

Thank you
(08-22-2011, 02:16 AM)hye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2011, 12:57 AM)Poklin Wrote: [ -> ]Nice thanks!, is there any chance you could post your settings?

Xtemu dolphin 7714M (latest); Accurate VBeam emulation on (right click on the game banner, then properties); Dual Core on; Idle Skipping on; cheats off; framelimit auto; JitIL recompiler; Lock threads on; HLE audio with Dsound 48k; Enable audio throttle off; Use EuRGB60 mode off;

Video : Dx9; Aspect ratio force 16:9; Vsync off; render to main window on; Internal resolution auto; antialias none; anisotropic 2x; pixel lighting off; force texture filtering off; 3D vision off;
hacks panel - ignore format changes on, efb copy virtual and ram on, efb disable on, per pixel depth disable on, openmp texture decoder on, other settings are off.

config: Core2duo e8500, nvidia9600GT, playing with an old dualshock2 with emulated classic controller option. Almost everywhere in game I get max fps.

hope I could help. Smile

Sound and FPS are good, thanks for that. But I have crashes and freezes, after 1 hour max. JTIL ot JIT compilter doesn't matter.
@SamSoNight: JitIL seemed more stable at the time... (the crash/freeze issue isn't solved yet, unfortunately)
For people crashing, are you ever tabbing out? Even to the dolphin window? Changing any settings? I've crashed 4 or 5 times and the last 2 were only after doing something outside of the game window. I don't remember the first few as I was still trying to get the game to play properly, so I'm not sure if that was all ingame or if I had tabbed then too.

The last one I figured it might crash but I was just messing with settings to see different effects, not actually playing, so I didn't care, and then it did crash. For the last like 10 hours I've only crashed those two times, both being times I tabbed to other stuff.
(08-22-2011, 11:44 PM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]For people crashing, are you ever tabbing out? Even to the dolphin window? Changing any settings? I've crashed 4 or 5 times and the last 2 were only after doing something outside of the game window. I don't remember the first few as I was still trying to get the game to play properly, so I'm not sure if that was all ingame or if I had tabbed then too.

The last one I figured it might crash but I was just messing with settings to see different effects, not actually playing, so I didn't care, and then it did crash. For the last like 10 hours I've only crashed those two times, both being times I tabbed to other stuff.

Tested almost all settings, r7xx crashes sooooo random. Its almost unplayable for me, quick saving ~5min is unfun.
No crashes on r6888 after ~10hrs (1crash/h on latest), performance is almost as good as on r7xxx with vbeam enabled
I didn't ask about settings. Did you alt tab regularly, say to mess with settings, or not at all and are you sure? It's not a simple "this revision plays the game best!" because if you read around, a lot of people are using many different revisions for this game and getting good/bad performance. I tried the 6856 I think which supposedly has the sound patch, I still got corrupted sound randomly exploring so I stopped using it, since it's older anyway and didn't support 4x internal res. I still get it on 7676 which I just started using and still got it on 7671, what has been my "main" revision. I've looked at 3.0 and a 32bit version of a revision to use FXAA since regular AA breaks in parts of the game. Regardless of any settings I've tried, the sound problem eventually crops up, but can be fixed by saving/escape/loading or simply changing the time to change the background music.

Crashing has seemingly completely stopped for me when I don't alt tab, atleast so far. And that's both 7671 and 7676, with about 12 and 8 hours on them respectively, not counting a couple hours of recording and testing where I didn't actually save. I won't presume that means they're all right though because there seems to be a huge variance in how people are getting this to run and the only constant is with a kick ass processor you can pretty much negate any and all sound problems.